New Hang on Stand

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by Mallard Man, Aug 4, 2009.

1. Mallard Man

Mallard Man 6 pointer

Oct 1, 2008
    Versailles, KY
    I'm in the market for a new hang on stand. Any favorites or suggestions?

2. fergdog78

fergdog78 Spike

Jul 21, 2009
    Nashville, TN
    I have been in the market myself and i have narrowed it down to lonewolf and muddy tree stands they are light and have good reviews. The muddy tree stands are cheaper so i am going to give them a try. www.gomuddy.com

3. elmucho277

elmucho277 6 pointer

Aug 4, 2009
    northern ky
    for the money i like rivers edge bigfoot xl. they are pretty easy to set up, comfortable, quiet, mount solid and roomy. if you look around you can find them on sale for a reasonable price. think i have about 7 of them that are all around 4 years old and stay in the woods nearly all year and have held up great.

4. NonTyp

NonTyp 12 pointer

Apr 9, 2006
    Horntown

Non-Typical stands are some of the best stands available. Light,stable, quiet and safe set-up, and most of all safe!

Rapid Rails are the best way to access a stand also! Very SAFE!

Last edited: Aug 4, 2009
  5. ken w

ken w 6 pointer

Dec 21, 2003
    clarkson, ky, USA.
    i second the non-typical light and stable and fast to setup , not many trees it wont hang on

6. xtremewhitetail

xtremewhitetail Spike

Jun 18, 2009
    whitesburg,ky
    summit is the best and comfortable even more if u get the foot rest....

7. treedweller

treedweller 6 pointer

Aug 19, 2007
    Alvaton, Ky
    I have a lone wolf, loggy bayou, huntersview,and rivers edge, ladders ,climbers, and hang ons, and I preffer the rivers edge hang on over all of them. And I got them for $59 at Gander. The lone wolf is the worst out of all of them, don't waste your money on that brand.

8. huntr467

huntr467 12 pointer

been hunting out of Gorrilla loc-ons for 10+ yrs. We leave them in the woods yr round just "pop" the straps every yr to accomidiate for tree growth. Never had any issues with them probably have about a dozen or so out.
    We use 2 ratchet straps plus the chain. Comfortable, reasonbly priced, usually can find them at wally world.

9. kywallace69

kywallace69 12 pointer

Aug 18, 2008
    Zone 1
    I have about 10 Big Game XL hang on tree stands. They have a very roomy platform and are comfortable. I use them all day during the rut. About $100 each. They are a booger to hang though. Weighing in a 20lbs. That is before I started using the one wolf stand hanger. It really helps. I also had a few lone wolf assualt hang ons and they are really expensive. Dont think that they are worth the money. I can by almost three Big Games stand for the price of one lone wolf.

10. skin_dog1

skin_dog1 BBBC Members

I like the muddy stands. They're a knock off of the Loggy bayou hangons but with a more plush seat. The seat and platform have juat enough adjustment you and adjust to fit slightly leaning trees for a more comfy sit. I also choose to haul my setup in with me alot. These stands are extra light weight making that chore a little easier.

11. nooge

nooge 6 pointer

Oct 28, 2008
    Lexington, KY