New grunt call?

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by JGD, Oct 2, 2008.

1. JGD

JGD Spike

Feb 3, 2008
    Nelson County
    My old Knight and Hale broke last year so I'm in the market for a new grunt call. Anyone have suggestions on a good one or one they've had good luck with? Or for that matter, any other deer call that works well. Thanks. John.

2. etownhunter

etownhunter 12 pointer

Mar 21, 2004
    Central ky
    i think its called the true talker, i have had a lot of calls, this one is by far the best sounding i have heard!

3. Cornpile

Cornpile 12 pointer

Dec 1, 2006
    Kornfield County,KY
    I agree,best grunt call ever made.

4. etownhunter

etownhunter 12 pointer

Mar 21, 2004
    Central ky
    True talker.... I worked at woods and water outfitters in etown when they were open and i sold ten true talkers to any 1 of anyother brand of call we had, they sold out quick, actually had them on backorder!

5. Duckster2

Duckster2 Spike

Sep 23, 2008
    Kenton County
    I have had good luck with the buck roar from Primos.

6. etownhunter

etownhunter 12 pointer

Mar 21, 2004
    Central ky
    I bought the buck roar, but i have yet to take it out, i keep grabbing the true talker. Guess i only bought the buck roar because i got it at cost...It has a good sound too tho.

7. hunter1hall

hunter1hall 6 pointer

Dec 5, 2003
    Springfield, Kentucky.
    True talker. I have one and its by far the best.

8. chadman3_25

chadman3_25 6 pointer

Dec 27, 2007
    louisville
    I love my true talker because of the versatility of it. I like the roar because it has snort weeze and grunt call all in the same call also. I just love how you can simulate a young buck r dominant buck with the tru talker though.

9. Thunderroost

Thunderroost 6 pointer

Dec 19, 2003
    Allen County
    get a lost river grunt call from our own skindog....can't beat the karma

10. WhiteRubi

WhiteRubi 12 pointer

Apr 13, 2005
    Richmond
    2nd that. The Lost River is the only one I've been able to make the clicks and pops with. Don't know if it matters but...

Dave is a great guy too

11. rcb216

rcb216 12 pointer

Sep 25, 2005
    Robertson Co.
    I don't know what it is called but I was at the Lewis County Deer and Turkey Expo and Jackie's Deer Lures had a both and Jackie was selling some calls one was a grunt call, kinda long but man it sounded perfect, I have went threw about 15 grunt calls in 20 years of hunting and never heard one sound that good, you can blow it as soft as you want and as loud as you want, also makes doe bleats as well as young buck grunts, a lot of calls you have to blow hard to make them work, the good ones you don't have to.This is one I will keep, till I loose it!!

12. kyarcher

kyarcher Cyber-Hunter

Dec 12, 2001
    Garrard County, Ky
    Yep. I've tried about every brand and the Tru Talker is by far the best.

13. SteveR

SteveR 8 pointer

Nov 5, 2005
    I agree you cant go wrong with the True Talker.. but the Buck Roar is just as good of a call IMO. I have both but havent used my True Talker since buying the Buck Roar.

The Buck Roar has the small rubber band just like the True Talker on the reed and it is much easier to get to to adjust than rolling down the rubber on the True Talker. You just slide out the Reed end of the Buck Roar and you have adjustments from Dominant Buck to Fawn Bleat. It also has small grooves to keep the band in place for the tone you select.

I vote Buck Roar

14. RLWEBB

RLWEBB 12 pointer

Nov 30, 2005
    Staffordsville, KY
    Did anybody say "True Talker" from HS? In my opinion, it is the best!