New Features Thread

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by pentail, Jun 22, 2016.

1. stevenvalleyagain

stevenvalleyagain 10 pointer

Aug 15, 2005
    Valley station
    Might be a good idea to sticky this thread so we dont have to search for this thread for assistance.

2. quackrstackr

quackrstackr Welcome to Fantasy Island Staff Member

Nov 19, 2003
    The Island
  3. Brsutton86

Brsutton86 12 pointer

Sep 19, 2009
    Harrodsburg, KY
    I like the update. Much easier to upload photos from phone.

4. muddhunter

muddhunter 12 pointer

Oct 18, 2005
    louisville
    I keep getting "upload file too large"

Trying this from an iPhone

5. Brsutton86

Brsutton86 12 pointer

Sep 19, 2009
    Harrodsburg, KY
    I have a galaxy. You can download an app called picsart and it's very simple to edit photo size. Lots of other editing options, it's quite simple to use and free at least for Google play.

6. pentail

pentail Bacon Staff Member

Sep 25, 2002
    Savoring the smoke
    If you are loading from an iPhone, it might be easier to download a photo resizer app that lets you shrink the size

7. ColbyKiller

ColbyKiller 6 pointer

Sep 29, 2008
    I'm sure nobody cares what I think but while the mobile version is nice compared to the full version, this sucks compared to Tapatalk for mobile users which is a huge and growing number. Why take away different accessibility options to the site, especially through an avenue which many used? I mean if you want to improve access by making a mobile version, that's great, but why then would you restrict access and not let it still be available to Tapatalk users as in the past? For that matter it's now much less likely to be seen by new users as Tapatalk has a huge number of people that could have potentially found it searching Tapatalk's vast library of forums. Just trying to make sense of it because in a world that is so driven by being connected as often and as easy as it can, this just put up a detour that at least some, if not many, won't put in a huge effort to try to find. Maybe I'm wrong and like I said before, I'm sure nobody cares about this but I couldn't help at least asking.

8. just me

just me 12 pointer

Sep 26, 2013
    @ColbyKiller If you were the owners of a site you would care less how many people were attracted to your forum if none of them could see your adds. I don't care either way but if the owners choose to not provide tapatalk as an option I really cant make a good argument against them. Tapatalk eat the batteries on my phone so I ditched it a long time ago. I believe there are also security concerns with tapatalk both for the admin and the user.

9. wademup

wademup 12 pointer

Feb 5, 2004
    benton, ky, USA.
    I have the same problem on my laptop also

10. bgkyarcher

bgkyarcher 12 pointer

Aug 23, 2011
    BG
    Every time I come to the site, it comes up with an error. This happens on both laptop and phone. I click on forums or home, and it works fine.

11. wademup

wademup 12 pointer

Feb 5, 2004
    benton, ky, USA.
    Mine is also. I did get a pic resizer app and it worked for those having that problem. Interestingly I didn't have the problem with pics till yesterday, but all seems ok with the app.

12. JDMiller

JDMiller 12 pointer

Jun 12, 2005
    " Between the Rivers "
    I had the same issue displaying error. But what I figured out was ....I deleted the old links in my favorites on my phone & pc then went to the home page and added it back to favorites again. Which the only thing I could figure was some minor change in the address was causing it.

Now I click .... goes straight to the home page displaying the forums & log-in.

13. Tufrthnails

Tufrthnails 10 pointer

Oct 27, 2014
    Lakeland, FL
    Still getting used to it but I love the update. The color is the biggest thing another forum I am a member of is nearly the same color scheme and i keep forgetting which forum I am on.

14. keith meador

keith meador Got the Spotted Fever

If you are clicking a stored link, update it in your bookmarks. I had the same issue.

15. bgkyarcher

bgkyarcher 12 pointer

Aug 23, 2011
    BG
    Thanks guys. I have a book mark, and saved link on my phone. I'll update and see what happens. I do like the upgrade...