New cannon. 500 s&w

hunter1hall

6 pointer
Dec 5, 2003
Springfield, Kentucky.
Just got it today. Can't wait to shoot it. Anybody else have one? What's your experience with them?
uqu5aja8.jpg

hunter1hall

6 pointer
Dec 5, 2003
Springfield, Kentucky.
Well, I shot it this morning. Color me impressed. It was awesome. Extremely accurate. I was shooting 375 grain bullets. The recoil was very manageable. I will buy some 500 grain loads and give them a whirl. Gotta get brass stockpiled so I can load my own.

hollandhunter

12 pointer
Feb 11, 2008
Holland Kentucky
I shot one a while back the do kick but on both ends. I wouldnt mind having one like yours but I dont want no part of a stubby the full size is bad enough. They are cool guns though. I would like to have one of them or a 454 cosole just to have.

ptbrauch

12 pointer
Nov 10, 2004
The OC
About how much does it cost to pull the trigger on that now? A few years ago, before any ammo shortages, a guy I worked with was looking at one until we looked up the ammo. Then it was $5 downrange each time.

hunter1hall

6 pointer
Dec 5, 2003
Springfield, Kentucky.
Well, it's not much cheaper now. However, I try not to look at it from economics lol. Honestly though, I can get it for about $2-3 a pull now. I'm gonna start loading my own, hopefully I can get down a little lower. It's not an ideal plinker by any means

KYBOY

12 pointer
Apr 21, 2005
Floyd,co..Kentucky
Lee makes a .501-440 mold for that gun. Cast 440 grain with wide meplat. It makes it real cheap to reload. Ive always been told the .460 recoil is more sharp and worse than the .500's.

Latest posts