NEW Banned Words

Discussion in 'Politics' started by JR in KY, Jan 20, 2021.

1. JR in KY

JR in KY 12 pointer

Jan 25, 2006
    The Occupied South
    Well we all know that you can't say the N word or you get banned from anything.
    OK. Kinda a bad word nowdays.
    I have just discovered you can NOT Say "COON" anymore. I posted a photo on another forum of a Coon I caught in a cage. It was deleted to ****. Can you say Racoon anymore??
    Friend in Indiana did the same thing today and it got changed to ****.

I tell you, this crap had got out of control and THIS Forum is in the Crosshairs.

2. Regulator623

Regulator623 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2006
    Eastern Kentucky
    I wonder if cracker, honky, or whitey will be banned next?

riverboss and baknblack like this.
  3. HuntressOfLight

HuntressOfLight 12 pointer

Nov 23, 2019
    Guarding my lovely bluebirds
    I believe that freedom of speech comes with responsibility, but that does seem to be rather ridiculous. I think all simply boils down to how words are utilized. Perhaps those forums were having issues with specific users being more than careless with their speech and driving away other users in the process, reducing revenue. There are costs involved in operating a forum. Then again, their moderators may simply be young, thereby failing to understand the dangers of censorship. It is impossible to ascertain without the full background.

I had a great uncle whom used to always say nigger in place of negro. I corrected him when I was just a young child, one time when we traveled to his state to visit my great grandmother. Such afforded me a bit of schooling from him.

He picked me up and sat me upon his knee, breaking out the N Encyclopedia Britannica, flipping open to the chapter entitled Negro, and he began to read to me. He made it word for word correctly through the first paragraph or so, but I stopped him soon after that point. I had noticed that he was then substituting the word nigger, every time he came to the word negro.

I was probably six years old and advanced, although extraordinarily tiny; so, I surmise all further shocked him that I could follow along so very well. We went back and forth like that for quite a while, every time that he came to the word negro and substituted nigger for it, which was frequently, being that the subject was negroes. He finally had enough and slammed the Encyclopedia Britannica, sat me off of his knee, telling me that he was driving me over to a friend's house. I said okay.

We hopped into his fancy car, just the two of us, and I made further inquiry as to whom we would be calling upon that day. He told me the Grand Wizard. I said okay again, all excited to be meeting an important wizard, afterall, The Wizard of Oz was one of my favorite movies.

It took us a while to make the drive, but not too very long. We had continued to talk along the way. He rang the doorbell upon arrival, while I eagerly stood beside him. I was rather looking forward to further debate, I recall. A lady answered the door, and my great uncle asked for a man by name. The lady stated the man was not home and out of town, causing us to quickly depart; although, she had invited us to enter the house.

Upon entering the car again, I asked my great uncle whom the lady happened to have been. He replied that she was the man's mother. I recall being extremely perplexed, curious as to why a wizard, and especially a grand one, would be living with his mother.

Disappointed, I continued with our debate, because I knew that I could read, and that my great uncle could not seem to properly do so. I quickly learned that he lacked issue with such. Upon return, I told my eldest brother, and he explained to me that he believed our great uncle was a member of the KKK. Well, that turned into a discussion about long white robes, hidden away out of sight.

Our great uncle had married into our family and brought some interesting history along with him, so it seemed. He never attempted to debate that subject with me during latter visits. I believe that my other elders saw to that matter. In hindsight, I realize now that he simply came from another generation and background. He was actually a rather interesting man.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2021
  4. Gforcetrivers

Gforcetrivers 12 pointer

Sep 23, 2016
    Burkesville
    democrats got a whole list of them. All gender related. Also Coumo outlawed "Illegal Alien" a year or two ago and put a 250K fine on it.

5. wv67

wv67 12 pointer

Dec 19, 2017
    Southern wva
    I’m sorry but I’m not changing anything It’s America and I’m doing as I always have don’t read into that garbage it will just piss ya off and cause stress ignore it for what it is these city Homosexuals and the can’t figure out what I wanna be folks have the same rights as us and always have but now it’s thrown in our face that’s all it is

TripleGee and NJohnson like this.
  6. littlebear

littlebear 12 pointer

Aug 21, 2007
    the woods
    I guess they can be called a “ non legal foreigner “ or “fence jumper”

7. HuntressOfLight

Nov 23, 2019
    Criminal.

8. Trapper Delk

Trapper Delk 10 pointer

Feb 10, 2020
    Central Kentucky.
    When did people start letting there feelings get hurt so bad, a coon is a coon deal with it!

9. HuntressOfLight

Nov 23, 2019
    I have continually found it to be awfully strange that many of you type the word "bride" for "wife".

10. HuntressOfLight

Nov 23, 2019
  11. muddhunter

muddhunter 12 pointer

Oct 18, 2005
    louisville

Yeh. I haven't been able to type the word coon in a text without it getting auto corrected to coin or corn in last couple years. Never understood that either.

Nock and Trapper Delk like this.
  12. bowhunter269

bowhunter269 12 pointer

Nov 21, 2006
    Fisherville, KY
    Guilty !

13. HuntressOfLight

Nov 23, 2019
    What was the purpose of having done so? Not being from this state, the thought crossed my mind that perhaps all were simply less educated.

14. bigbonner

bigbonner 12 pointer

Aug 5, 2015
    We shouldn't call a coon dog a coon dog , it might hurt the dogs feelings:rolleyes:

TripleGee, NJohnson and PUBLIC RAT like this.
  15. Trapper Delk

Trapper Delk 10 pointer

Feb 10, 2020
    Central Kentucky.
    Around here most people call there wife/bride "ol'lady" and if they call her something different she gets suspicious.

NJohnson likes this.