New Baiting Regulation Next Year

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by dupont241, Dec 20, 2006.

1. slickhead slayer

slickhead slayer 12 pointer

Nov 14, 2005
    VP OF ADMIN Development
    The ban was enacted to help the CO's with enforcement of turkey baiting. Thats enough in my book to support it.

2. Multidigits

Multidigits BBBC Members

Dec 10, 2001
    Vine Grove, Ky, USA.

dang, it took 278 post to get to the bottom of this one! Well sayd.

3. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

I don't think the guys here have a problem with helping the CO's the question is why after turkey season goes out is the ban still in effect for so long. I know some feel the threat of a few turkeys getting ahold of some bad corn comes up but if it was that bad why the growing flocks each year. If/When I see the feeders causing a problem then I will remove mine not before. FYI...Mine is located less than 30 yards from my home so it will be legal under the new regulation.

4. gwhilikerz

gwhilikerz Banned

Oct 16, 2004
    Feed on Duster! Heck i might want to hunt your feeder for my "feeder" deer next year:D ( That's the one i want for the freezer but don't want to walk all over God's creation for)

5. Al

Al 12 pointer

Jan 14, 2004
    Incognito, ky, USA.
    So its within crossbow range of your window?

6. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

The back deck works better...:D...Not many guys can say they have a deer stand worth around 200 grand...:D

Last edited: Dec 28, 2006
  7. Double D Farms

Double D Farms 6 pointer

Nov 18, 2006
    Ohio County, KY
    What's legal?

Not to get too side-tracked, but I need to know what's actually legal now & next season. If I bait for deer next year on my farm can I fall turkey hunt anywhere on the property? If so, how far from the bait? What if my neighbor
    baits? AHhhh:confused:

8. Multidigits

Multidigits BBBC Members

Dec 10, 2001
    Vine Grove, Ky, USA.

Nothing was changed about the fall season or baiting in the fall, so it's the same as before. You can hunt deer over bait, but not turkeys.

Looks like you can bait all year long with certain baits....no corn or grain though.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2006
  9. maxcam

maxcam 12 pointer

Mar 29, 2005
    Maybe some incentive program can be derived to better compensate law enforcment to catch more poachers......:confused:

10. dupont241

dupont241 6 pointer

Jun 1, 2006
    South Central Kentucky
    Turkey Hunting Trespassors

Now I can not I keep trespassers off my property during spring turkey season, before I had my feeder stocked during this time, making it illegal for them to trespass on my property and turkey hunt. A few years ago they were baiting on my property and hunting the property line of the farm next to me... plus coming on my property to turkey hunt because the bait wasn't on them..... They were caught by the CO.... :) , they stopped baiting my side of the line, and still trespassed on my property to hunt.... but since then I kept my feeders filled during this time, so they couldn't hunt on me legally, but now I will be the one sighted,,,,, ????? It will be much harder to keep them off my property now....... I guess the CO's job was much too hard, they needed to make it easer on them......:D :D :confused:

11. CSS archer

CSS archer BBBC Members

Dec 13, 2001
    Central KY
    Nothing has changed for the fall, as always if you have deer bait on your property it's illegal to fall turkey hunt. The baited area is considered a zone of influence, if the turkeys on your farm are eating the bait at any time within 30 days of the last bait left out, they may be considered baited. There really is no definitive line or distance, generally if you have bait on the place it's all considered baited for turkey.

If your neighbor baits and you know about it, you could still be cited for hunting baited turkeys, (feeder across the fence) you between roosted turkeys and his bait.... even though you are on your own place..

12. Wildcat

Wildcat 12 pointer

Jan 7, 2002
    Ledbetter, Ky.
    Your post doesn't make any sense. It's illegal for people to trespass.

Trespassing is a landowner law and it is against the law for someone to trespass on your land without your permisson. You call the sheriff on trespassers.

When someone trespasses on your land and hunts without your permission then it's trespassing and hunting without permission, poaching. Which is illegal. The CO is called but the sheriff can also be called.

13. gwhilikerz

gwhilikerz Banned

Oct 16, 2004
    The number #1 protector of your property is you.

14. Mount-N-Man

Mount-N-Man 10 pointer

Sep 1, 2004
    I agree with you 110%. I feed deer all year right behind my house, I think that not only does it help bucks with antler growth, but also helps give more nutrition to nursing does.

15. I've tried to stay out of this,I Don't hunt over a cornpile,but I do feed and put out minerals/salt,etc.
    I just think if your going to step on one person's toes then you should be fair to all and eliminate food plots,corn fields,alfalfa,gardens,and every scent cover and attractant there is,then we can all be on equal terms and be as some see "Real Hunters"
    LIVE AND LET LIVE. or Hunters against Hunters.