New Baiting Regulation Next Year

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by dupont241, Dec 20, 2006.

1. predator

predator 12 pointer

Nov 23, 2006
    Leitchfield, Ky.
    I an't touching this one with a 10' pole.

2. Valley Station

Valley Station Cyber-Hunter

Multi,
    Names?? You needin' to line up a "good turkey guide" for the spring??

3. Multidigits

Multidigits BBBC Members

Dec 10, 2001
    Vine Grove, Ky, USA.

Not, there's enough turkeys out there that I don't need to cheat, but I am checking the accuratcy of your post. Come on and post up one guide that uses what you said???

4. Multidigits

Multidigits BBBC Members

Dec 10, 2001
    Vine Grove, Ky, USA.

IF your concerned about poaching, seems you would support this change in the law???

5. KYHUNTER14

KYHUNTER14 10 pointer

Oct 17, 2004
    Ashland, KY
    I really dont have much opinion on this one way or another. BUT, anyone who buys the "disease is easier spread in summer months" blah blah blah stuff is naive. If that were the sole or even the most significant reason for enacting this law then they would have made the ban for May 1- October 31 or something like that.

Is this much different than what was in place before??? I mean you could not put out bait one month before the start of turkey season (now it is basically a month and a half). and how does it change the baiting for deer?

Looks like trail cams will be hurt by this though

6. quackrstackr

quackrstackr Welcome to Fantasy Island Staff Member

Nov 19, 2003
    The Island
    Before, you couldn't have bait on a site a month before you were going to turkey hunt it. You could still feed deer all you liked so long as you weren't hunting over it.

It is now illegal to have grain on the ground period in the months specified.. deer, turkey, possums, coons, regardless of what you were trying to bait.

7. Rut36

Rut36 6 pointer

Nov 3, 2005
    Grant County
    But I was just feeding my chickens..........

8. dupont241

dupont241 6 pointer

Jun 1, 2006
    South Central Kentucky
  9. AteUp

AteUp 12 pointer

Mar 14, 2004
    Luavul
    Mineral licks work real well that time of year.

10. Al

Al 12 pointer

Jan 14, 2004
    Incognito, ky, USA.
    DITTO.....

11. WBBP

WBBP 12 pointer

Nov 24, 2003
    Valley: I am not totally convinced that bushhogging standing corn in the spring and then turkey hunting over it is not considered baiting, but CSS weighed in and said that it was legal.

If it is legal, it shouldn't be for turkeys. Let us know the name of the outfitter that is selling turkey hunts over the bushhogged corn. If they are doing this, they are probably doing other things and deserve a visit from a CO.

Thanks, K

12. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

I will rent out space on a tree for any trail cameras you want to put out. One bag of corn a week....:D.

13. Wildcat

Wildcat 12 pointer

Jan 7, 2002
    Ledbetter, Ky.
    Big time!!

I've posted before that I run 14 game cameras and do a deer census every July and I don't use corn piles or feeders, just mineral licks.

14. Valley Station

Valley Station Cyber-Hunter

WBBP,
    Did you go back and read the spring turkey hunting guide??
    I don't have a problem with a land owner or guide service thats doing it.
    It's legal.
    My contention is the law needs to be changed, should be illegal, based on previous stated reasons.

15. Multidigits

Multidigits BBBC Members

Dec 10, 2001
    Vine Grove, Ky, USA.

It's legal. I think it's probably something that needs to be looked at by the Commission even though VS hasn't told us who's doing it. I saw in South Carolina last year where the CO's cracked down on manipulating Chufa patches by tilling them chufas up just before the season started. They considered those fields baited.

I'd be for shutting down bushhogged corn patches during the Spring season.