new and excited

kywaterfowler

6 pointer
Jan 13, 2009
maysville ky
i wasnt a man that wanted to go duck hunting. i always wanted to but heard it was to high so i never tryed. but this year i went and bought my stamp and my steel shells and decided i would go with a couple of friends down on the river. well i went and had no luck and i was mad becasue i thought i wasted all my money on this stupid type of hunting. so a few days went past and ive been seeing alot of ducks on this one pond by my house. so i went and asked the landowner if i could just walk down there and try to shoot them. well me and my little brother snook up to the dam and killed two mallards. from there i was hooked even though i dont have a call or any of the right camo or even and blinds or suck(im going to invest in these and have them by next years season :)) then yesterday i skipped school and me and my buddy saw some ducks on that pond and we did the same thing snuck down there and we killed two a piece and they were two drake pintails and two hen pintails. then i was really excited! because my friend was like "these are pintails where did you kill these!" i was like i cant tell you :). but im glad that i listened to my friend about this sport because from here on out im going to start duck hunting and get really into it like i get into my deer and turkey hunting. cause thats really all i do and rabbit/dove/squirell hunt. now im glad i decided to try something new! :D

bcdh1

12 pointer
Feb 1, 2006
2 people, 4 pintails..;)..if there were four shots I would say that is some pretty good shooting.:D Might want to try to read the regs before you post that on a public forum. Take it from Mayes....he never tells how many he kills...and definately doesn't show pictures. I am suprised BM cought him on camera. I think Mayes is more elusive than a black panther.:rolleyes:

deepfryum

6 pointer
Feb 26, 2008
shelby co. ky
i wasnt a man that wanted to go duck hunting. i always wanted to but heard it was to high so i never tryed. but this year i went and bought my stamp and my steel shells and decided i would go with a couple of friends down on the river. well i went and had no luck and i was mad becasue i thought i wasted all my money on this stupid type of hunting. so a few days went past and ive been seeing alot of ducks on this one pond by my house. so i went and asked the landowner if i could just walk down there and try to shoot them. well me and my little brother snook up to the dam and killed two mallards. from there i was hooked even though i dont have a call or any of the right camo or even and blinds or suck(im going to invest in these and have them by next years season :)) then yesterday i skipped school and me and my buddy saw some ducks on that pond and we did the same thing snuck down there and we killed two a piece and they were two drake pintails and two hen pintails. then i was really excited! because my friend was like "these are pintails where did you kill these!" i was like i cant tell you :). but im glad that i listened to my friend about this sport because from here on out im going to start duck hunting and get really into it like i get into my deer and turkey hunting. cause thats really all i do and rabbit/dove/squirell hunt. now im glad i decided to try something new! :D

Please refer to page 2 on daily limits for ducks.:eek:

http://www.kdfr.state.ky.us/pdf/waterfowlerguide0809.pdf

quackrstackr

Welcome to Fantasy Island
Staff member
Nov 19, 2003
The Island
me and my buddy saw some ducks on that pond and we did the same thing snuck down there and we killed two a piece and they were two drake pintails and two hen pintails. then i was really excited!

Nice............

Maybe you can pull a sneak on a tundra swan or some canvasbacks on your next outing.

unowho89

Fawn
Feb 25, 2008
yea glad you know all the rules about a sport that so many people take so seriously then get on a public forum and brag about your poaching. Settle it down a little bit and learn about what your doing before you end up in trouble

Beretta-fan

6 pointer
Aug 20, 2008
Salt Lick
If you think its expensive to waterfowl wait til you see how expensive it is to poach. Welcome to the sport but be careful, learn to identify your ducks BEFORE you shoot them and know your bag limits.

Grant

10 pointer
Nov 25, 2003
Crittenden County
You can't expect to come on here, tell about shooting over your limit on pintails and not catch some slack. Better read up on the regs before you do much more hunting.

Rather than jumpshooting ducks on a pond, I think you will have a much better time by going to the pond you saw birds on the next morning, throw out a few decoys and try to decoy birds. Theres no greater sight than a group of mallards falling down in your face.

BadDuck

12 pointer
Aug 13, 2007
Bullitt County
Originally Posted by kywaterfowler

You have obviously figured out the part about bag limits and bird ID. But on to a second point. Based on the above paragraph you have no business skipping school.

naturalelite

12 pointer
Nov 24, 2004
NATTYVILLE
And that is why I don't go duck hunting by myself!!!

At least not till I know how to ID a bird. And the regulations are like French to me. You can kill 1 of these, 2 of these, no more than 3 of these, male one of these but no females, on Tuesday you can shoot these, on Friday you can shoot these, and the second Saturday of the month you can kill these but only the males. I know they aren't exactly like that but they sure are confusing to me.

Latest posts