New 6th District Commissioner appointed

FOWLER2671

12 pointer
Sep 11, 2009
Evicted from Aintry'
Have no idea why anyone would pay to be a commissioner. They don't get paid.

Hopefully not now but there have been pretty good perks made available over the years.

Doc Soinso? Anglin IIRC calling Ballard WMA to have an entire field shut down for a week prior to his hunt comes to mind...

FOWLER2671

12 pointer
Sep 11, 2009
Evicted from Aintry'
I personally think that We as License buyers from the KDFWR had the intestinal fortitude to raise enough hell with the whole Ky Government that We Could get the system changed for the better!

But it would require widespread commitment on the people buying lic to contact their Senators and State Reps to make it happen.

ribsplitter

Cyber-Hunter
Jan 19, 2004
Greenup, ky, USA.
I personally think that We as License buyers from the KDFWR had the intestinal fortitude to raise enough hell with the whole Ky Government that We Could get the system changed for the better!

But it would require widespread commitment on the people buying lic to contact their Senators and State Reps to make it happen.
It would also take 98% of the sportsmen knowing that the appointments even happen, possibly inform them that they have a commission also. The other shady dealings you speak of, if sportsmen only knew or sat in on some of the eye witness accounts.

FOWLER2671

12 pointer
Sep 11, 2009
Evicted from Aintry'
It would also take 98% of the sportsmen knowing that the appointments even happen, possibly inform them that they have a commission also. The other shady dealings you speak of, if sportsmen only knew or sat in on some of the eye witness accounts.

It's been a few years (2005) but I personally caught them shutting an area down to give to bigwigs from Frankfurt.

ribsplitter

Cyber-Hunter
Jan 19, 2004
Greenup, ky, USA.
It's been a few years (2005) but I personally caught them shutting an area down to give to bigwigs from Frankfurt.

I listened to testimony from a witness around the same time frame on this subject alone with rigged pill draws for blinds. Seems that it went on for a long long time on the sportsmen's back. I listened to many other scenarios and eye witness accounts of corrupt dealings that dissolved any respect I personally had for the institution. The dirt was Sodom and Gomorrah level and I have a very hard time believing things just got better. If you were one of the individuals who told your story to a group we have more than likely met.

FOWLER2671

12 pointer
Sep 11, 2009
Evicted from Aintry'
I listened to testimony from a witness around the same time frame on this subject alone with rigged pill draws for blinds. Seems that it went on for a long long time on the sportsmen's back. I listened to many other scenarios and eye witness accounts of corrupt dealings that dissolved any respect I personally had for the institution. The dirt was Sodom and Gomorrah level and I have a very hard time believing things just got better. If you were one of the individuals who told your story to a group we have more than likely met.

Sadly I had the opportunity at the Heath High School meeting later that year. I regret not spilling my guts in front of Commissioner Kennedy etc.

I had been hunting a spot on the WMA.(Boatwright) Two boats were allowed every day. I was the only boat hunting the area (Wilson) They actually REMOVED Wilson from the map later... I was limiting out Every Day on greenheads(Lets the hens have a pass after the first day)And filling out my kill cards accordingly( I tell people to LIE if You do good these days!)

I hunted Weds-Sun and killed my 4 GHs plus one black and one ringer....

Next week I had to work on Weds... Took off Thurs through Sunday. Showed up about 15 minutes late for the Thurs draw... I asked for Wilson and was told it was "Full"....

I took a spot on Olmstead next door. As I was leaving; A hummer pulled up with a boat...

I launched the boat and ran miles to get where I was going.... I had to pass Wilson... So... I swung by my spot to see if anyone was set up...?

Not a boat was on the area...?

So I decided; What the hell? I was only tossing out ten decoys..

Then a boat comes across the field RIGHT TO ME and tells me that THEY have this spot! (The Hummer pulled boat) Tell me that Charlie(Refuge Manager) told them to hunt this exact spot and not to let any locals mess with them...

I told them I drove 70 miles so I'm not a local ... I invited them to hunt with me but they declined... (Did I mention what a stubborn SOB I can be?)

Dumbasses parked their boat on the outside of the timber on the 3rd week in January... I pulled in the woods and killed 4 GHs by 730. They came by chasing a cripple that they winged...

The next day I knew I was in trouble SO I had a friend put His name in the draw. We were leaning against the truck as the papers were pulled. We were the 4th draw and Everyone else chose Olmstead so Two spots should have been open on Wilson... Buddy asked for Wilson... Full was the reply..

We watched them pull in at dawn onto Wilson just as they did with me the day prior.

I tell people(not many listen) to pull out the cell phones and record the drawings. I do believe enough diligence will cut down on this crap. I Do think the Ballard /Boatwright situation is better now then it was then but relaxing our guard will let it return to the old ways...

Latest posts