Neighborhood buck in KY

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by Gforcetrivers, Aug 21, 2019.

1. Iceman35

Iceman35 12 pointer

Oct 27, 2008
    Boone County
    Probably better than yours. I’ll be sure to shoot all my deer at 31ft to satisfy your requiremts “hunting”.

2. kyhunter99

kyhunter99 10 pointer

Didnt know my standards are affecting how you hunt.
    But if it keeps anyone from shooting a deer that will eat out of someones hand im all for it.

xilk123 likes this.
  3. DBKY

DBKY Spike

Jul 29, 2019
    KY
    Ya know when you get down to it a wild deer is a wild deer. It doesn’t matter if it’s killed behind a fence on 10,000 acres, in a subdivision or 100 miles from the nearest road. It comes down to what the individual hunter thinks is right and ethical. If it’s legal by all means have it. We as hunters, are all we have to support each other. Ain’t nobody else in our corner. Those subdivision deer that were posted eating out of the kids hands aren’t the norm. They don’t get hunted obviously. I’m sure it’s not legal to hunt them. if they did get hunted they wouldn’t be like that. Don’t forget though we eat cattle everyday that are tamer then them deer

dirtstalker and jblack1 like this.
  4. kyhunter99

kyhunter99 10 pointer

I think the clash here is in how tame you all think a deer can get. They can get very tame. No the ones that eat from your kids hands arent the norm but yes they do exist and more than some of you seem to think-- but those still do get 'hunted' and thats when youll also see news stories about them AND there are several about some doofus pissed off an entire neighborhood shooting a 'pet' deer, ive read and heard lots of those stories.
    And heard tell that a recent ky monster buck was also a deer that had been habituated to humans in a pet type way and was later killed for his rack. No i dont give that 'hunter' points for that.

Now we know they arent all always that tame. Some are just deer close to neighborhoods but not habituated and fairly gamey. Sure. Id be an idiot to disagree thats a more likely scenario.

But if yall actually read my posts...

5. DBKY

DBKY Spike

Jul 29, 2019
    KY
    If your talking about the GA state record deer that those guys on YouTube killed, he wasn’t anybodies pet. That came from a jealous guy on Facebook....

6. muddhunter

muddhunter 12 pointer

Oct 18, 2005
    louisville
    And here ojibwa62 thought these members were salty during the off season! Just wait till May and the gods of turkey hunting come around and start kicking kids for shooting jakes.

7. DaveO

DaveO Spike

Dec 30, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Why do people spend so much time worrying about what others do?? QUESTION: Has anyone ever seen any 2 people ( groups of people) argue till they are blue in the face and all of a sudden one of those people STOP and say “ YOU KNOW WHAT, YOUR ABSOLUTELY RIGHT! IM SORRY FOR DISAGREEING WITH YOU” ???? Never going to happen! We all hunt for our own reasons. Y’all have a beautiful Sunday!

Genesis 27:3 likes this.
  8. ojibwa62

ojibwa62 12 pointer

Jul 1, 2018
    NOTW
    No it was not a pet but it was killed in the Peachtree corners area of northern ATL a very heavy population area, they watched the deer grow for several years before killing it..

It's amazing a deer like that can grow in an area like that. I have hunted there as well , look at a Google image of that area you will be shocked.

9. ojibwa62

ojibwa62 12 pointer

Jul 1, 2018
    NOTW
    The big subdivision deer Bob Coombs killed was a pet well almost , it was seen daily and the kids even named it, it wasn't tame enough to hand feed but pretty close. I had seen it a few times in Martin's landing, it would just walk across the road in front of my work truck not a care in the world.
    After he killed it North American whitetail did a write up on the deer , he had to make up a story about his hunt that was basically pure fiction.

A few years later he killed a bigger one and got in trouble for dispatching it with a pistol in the city limits.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2019
    kyhunter99 likes this.
  10. kyhunter99

kyhunter99 10 pointer

Nope. Im talking ky. And the guy who did it wanted to keep the lid on it.

11. 120+

120+ 12 pointer

Does anyone know if this buck was ever killed?

kyhunter99 and Genesis 27:3 like this.
  12. Southpaw

Southpaw 10 pointer

Oct 2, 2005
    Northern Ky
    No was seen about a week ago. Hope he makes it. He has a better chance of getting ran over than shot. Very Very populated area.

EdLongshanks likes this.
  13. 120+

120+ 12 pointer

Is he as big as last year?

14. SmokeShow

SmokeShow 10 pointer

Nov 11, 2013
    IDC what anyone thinks about it, I'd shoot that deer 120+ posted if he presented the shot in my yard! Wouldn't even hesitate! He'd then be properly field dressed, butchered, eaten and the head/rack mounted and proudly put on display.

Brody and Cornpile like this.
  15. Southpaw

Southpaw 10 pointer

Oct 2, 2005
    Northern Ky
    From what she said he looks identical. She has seen him over the years in velvet an out. She delivers for Fedex in that area. Another friend saw him in traffic the other day an said hes huge in velvet. I will try an get a pic.

EdLongshanks likes this.