Neighborhood buck in KY

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by Gforcetrivers, Aug 21, 2019.

1. Cornpile

Cornpile 12 pointer

Dec 1, 2006
    Kornfield County,KY
    Whats the difference between a wild suburban buck or a wild buck in the woods
    next to the subdivision ? Nothing,both are legal to hunt if the law allows.

dirtstalker and Junglekat like this.
  2. DBKY

DBKY Spike

Jul 29, 2019
    KY
    One beds down by the kid’s swing set and one doesn’t?

3. heck of a buck where ever he is at

Cornpile likes this.
  4. kyhunter110

kyhunter110 8 pointer

Apr 6, 2006
    Lexington
    Agree. I hunt an area, where I killed my buck in 2017, that is partially subdivided. It was as hard to hunt there as it has been any place I’ve hunted. It’s still a real challenge and the stars have to align. I’ve hunted that same piece for the past 12 years and killed one buck.

Cornpile likes this.
  5. Strut 'N' Buck

Strut 'N' Buck 8 pointer

Apr 16, 2011
    Shepherdsville, KY
    Give me permission to hunt where he’s at. I’ll kill him, put him on the wall, brag about it to all my buddies and finish him off in the skillet. Doesn’t make me any better or worse than any other hunter. Still have to do your homework, be prepared once you get in the stand and all the stars still have to align to put a arrow in him. Just a different way of going about it. Hunters need to quit having a pissing match on how much harder this guy had to hunt compared to this guy or how big this rack is compared to the other one. Have fun, enjoy the outdoors and most importantly be safe!

Ataulbe1, Brsutton86, Brody and 5 others like this.
  6. kyhunter99

kyhunter99 10 pointer

I think if you kill a deer thats as domesticated as a house cat maybe there isnt as much of a challenge in it. Like do you have to worry about the wind? No. Do you have to worry about being seen? Not really. And if your scouting includes walking down a sidewalk a couple nights a week and dodging kids on bikes or asking them what time the buck usually comes up to be fed.. yeah. Maybe hunting a sub deer like that is different than a wild buck.
    If that same buck ran off looking for tail and someone unaware killed him even that would be different. But knowingly stalking a sub buck thats tame as a lamb is a little weak sauce.
    Mancard revoked in my book.

littlebear, xilk123 and Meatstick like this.
  7. Meatstick

Meatstick 10 pointer

Oct 25, 2013
    Washington County
    Enlighten us, great white hunter.
    That deer is liable to be 5 miles away next week when he knocks that velvet off, in a sinkhole holler, eatin a persimmon. And if someone happens to cross paths with him in that time, let them know that they should be ashamed for killing an "urban" deer. Maybe those big city deer really are tamer than I can imagine, but I doubt it

Brsutton86, hunt, rabbit dawg and 6 others like this.
  8. kyhunter99

kyhunter99 10 pointer

I did mention it would be different if the deer traveled and hunter was unaware. Read the post.

9. Meatstick

Meatstick 10 pointer

Oct 25, 2013
    Washington County
    I read the post. Same deer in either scenario. Same outcome. But please, great white hunter, enlighten me further.

10. Meatstick

Meatstick 10 pointer

Oct 25, 2013
    Washington County
    Right in line with all the mule deer I've seen in Kentucky...

11. OLE RASPY

OLE RASPY 10 pointer

Sep 9, 2018
    Barren county
  12. DBKY

DBKY Spike

Jul 29, 2019
    KY
    I wonder what the going rate is for an Airbnb in that neighborhood? I could prob make it look like a car accident...

Meatstick likes this.
  13. kyhunter99

kyhunter99 10 pointer

Meatstick, howd you get your name?

barney likes this.