Need some.luck

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by willy09, Nov 12, 2014.

1. willy09

willy09 Banned

Oct 15, 2009
    Ain't seen one shooter yet this year on camara or on foot. Last year I was ate up with big deer here. Top it off yesterday the front axle and ball joint busted on my four wheeler! Be walking now!

2. bassmaster1

bassmaster1 6 pointer

Aug 18, 2008
    Danville ky.
    I Had to have my truck worked on yesterday morning. So I went for a quick hunt wind was a killer, But saw 5 different bucks and 8 does, But the bucks where all small nothing bigger than 6 pointer, And that was before 8:00a.m. Sorry your having trouble, but it not just you brother, it's a lot of us.

3. GregDeer77

GregDeer77 6 pointer

Oct 22, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    I agree guys...I think hunting has been very hit or miss this year. The good news is that they are moving. The bad news is that they aren't moving a ton like you see with the height of the rut. I think if things are going to explode, that it will happen this weekend.

I just keep telling myself, be thankful and appreciate the fact that I am able to just get out and hunt. There are a lot of people out there that would give anything to be able to do what we're doing!

4. captain71

captain71 10 pointer

Nov 3, 2011
    Western Ky
    I had several shooters around August after acorns started dropping I havent seen any shooters But like they say you cant eat horns lol. We all go through some though times My year has had plenty of though times. I lost my last grandparent and few months ago I lost my big sister ( CANCER SUCKS) I'm still have some problems on my life.

5. GrouseAssasin

GrouseAssasin 12 pointer

Aug 1, 2009
    Jackson, ky
    Where we hunt in Breckinridge county is normally infested with deer. Wife and I hunted all day Saturday and had one blow at us as we were climbing down in the dark. Only deer encounter we had all day. Wind was right, setting right on the main travel trail through the property, food and water within rock throwing distance of our stand and NOTHING. Sat Sunday morning for 3 hours and saw nothing other than a 6 point my wife shot. Took him to the barn and sat three more hours before heading home and didn't see another deer. Very very weird for this place we should have both tagged out opening morning. I talked to two other groups of hunters in Leitchfield that weren't seeing any deer either. Also noticed there weren't as many road kills as past years on the 3.5 hour drive home and didn't see the first deer in the back of a truck.