need info on ballard

BIGA

Fawn
Dec 7, 2007
I got drawed for the ballard . can someone tell good, bad. how thay do it now. been years since I been down thare.

BIGA

Fawn
Dec 7, 2007
Show up with whatever decoys you care to pack in and out and hope that you draw a good spot.
what do thay do draw after you get thare? what is the lay out . water or land .both. just like to be prepared. the 15.00 $ for one person or all

Downeaster

Spike
Oct 13, 2006
Frankfort
what do thay do draw after you get thare? what is the lay out . water or land .both. just like to be prepared. the 15.00 $ for one person or all

$15 Per hunter

There are blinds. You are required to hunt within the blinds. Most blinds require a walk through water so waders are needed. Some are pit blinds below the ground but most are above the ground welded metal blinds with grass camo. If you have a dog, something to put on the floor to keep them from getting to cold would help.

You meet at the HQ (early) and draw a blind. Then you pay for hunters, get a map to you blind and head out. Pretty simple.

quackrstackr

Welcome to Fantasy Island
Staff member
Nov 19, 2003
The Island
If they got ducks & you get a good blind it's worth it.

I thought all duck hunting was a gamble!!

What he said.

They normally don't walk up to the blind and surrender. :D

Not every blind on the place is a barrel melter and the birds will move around as pressure and food dictate. There's no such thing as a sure thing anywhere but they have come a long way in making for some good duck hunting.

If I knew where you were coming from I could give you a little bit better idea of what to expect vs your home turf.