Need help asap with bow setup

Discussion in 'Archery Equipment' started by gobblergetter, Nov 4, 2009.

1. gobblergetter

gobblergetter 8 pointer

Apr 21, 2008
    boonville, Indiana
    I was planning on posting a new thread but I saw the "Muzzy" thread and that is where my problem is. Please read my latest post and offer suggestions if you have the time. Thanks a lot ahead of time.

Oh, after you read if you have a suggestion on a new broadhead (other than rage) let me know.

Thanks

2. nutcase

nutcase 8 pointer

Sep 27, 2004
    Murray, Ky
    It can be one of three things

1. arrows are weak
    2. muzzy has bad QC and the broadheads may not spin test or weigh the same. in a hurry try montec broadheads
    3. bow is out of tune or maybe just your rest is

3. top_sgt

top_sgt 6 pointer

Jul 10, 2007
    lexington, ky
    never had any problems with my slick trick broadheads, even out to 60 yards.

4. usmcvet06

usmcvet06 6 pointer

Sep 20, 2006
    Central KY

Slick TRICK is the (TRICK) $24.99 for a 3pk not much of a loss if you dont like them. Get the magnums though the are a lot sharper out of the pak.

5. dpowers

dpowers 6 pointer

Jun 26, 2009
    Shelbyville
    4 blade muzzy's have a lot of surface area to use with a new bow. The new bows shoot so much faster than old bows and transfer more energy to the arrow. Think of it this way the more surface area the big the wings on the plane, any gust of wind will move your arrow. This is not to say you can not tune the arrow but I don't think you will get consistant flight to match your field points.

Once you get a broadhead that groups you may still need to tune your rest. I suggest that you walk back tune to best flight.

Good luck

Dave

6. keith meador

keith meador Got the Spotted Fever

I agree with Nutcase....it is a tuning problem with the bow, or spine problem with the arrows. Easy fix:D

Make sure your arrows are spined correctly, if they are, walk back tune with the broadheads.

7. N3tT3chMan

N3tT3chMan Spike

Sep 10, 2009
    Louisville
    i use G5 Striker broadheads they seam to fly just like my field points

8. hootowlman

hootowlman 8 pointer

Feb 18, 2007
    I like the muzzy heads but have had the same issue with the 3 blades. I would shot mine and see which one hit the closest to where I was aiming then take that arrow and try to set all my other arrows the same way usally lining a blade up with a vane on the arrow. A little teflon tape helps with this then I would resight my bow with broadheads. I have had the same issue out of 4 different bows. Thats why I now shoot wac em broadheads they are fixed blade and fly just like my feild tips no resighting needed. Also in my opion I have shot grim reapers and am thinking about switching back to them they fly just like your feild tips with no sight adjustment needed. dad has killed 4 or 5 with the same heads over the last few years they are great heads and really put a hurting on deer most of them never went over 20 yards and 2 of them never moved straight down. Also all have been pass throughs and arrow stuck in the dirt.