Need advice...hunting farm about to be logged

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by Texan, Sep 30, 2014.

1. Monster01

Monster01 8 pointer

Dec 9, 2013
    Select cut ... Ha that's what they done to my spot . Only cut everything over 12 inches they said . That's what they done , they ran over the rest! But I killed my second best buck while they were working and good deer have came from there every year since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. whitleycotrapper

whitleycotrapper 12 pointer

May 20, 2005
    Williamsburg, KY
    100 + acres all around the areas and some buddies hunt will begin being logged next week. I'm in the mountains down here in the SE. I think it will kill most of our spots. My little food plot might become a hotbed of activity though. I can only hope anyway. Word has it after they log it it will be strip mined. Do t know if there is any truth to that or not.

3. bhayes420

bhayes420 Fawn

Sep 25, 2014
    Sounds similar to what I did to my 50 acre farm in Tennessee six years ago. It was about half timber half crop. Was supposed to be logged in summer but crew didn't get to it until October. That year the hunting wasn't as good because the patterns changed, but we still did ok. The next year was great! The third year even better. The only thing was that when the new growth started coming in it was THICK. I mean so thick you couldn't walk through it. It holds bucks like crazy. Spent a lot of time cutting shooting lanes and building stands HIGH up in the trees now. But again, the hunting is great. I think you'll be fine.