Need a place to duck hunt for wood ducks near florence ky

Discussion in 'Waterfowl Hunting' started by macmain07, Sep 6, 2016.

1. Bowfinger

Bowfinger 10 pointer

Nov 3, 2015
    In a Concrete Submarine
    Start with the KY game and fish webpage. I would also get in contact with my local DU chapter. The Chapter chair and members should be more than willing to help out a guy in need. Just ignore all these senseless post, most of these guys are just mean.

macmain07 and TugboatT like this.
  2. Rob DeHaven

Rob DeHaven 10 pointer

Apr 19, 2006
    on the road
    Nice. I told him where to go. I hunt there 80% of the time. It's like anything else. You have to put in the time. BM posted up the info from KDFW so do the work and enjoy. Also this place has a bad reputation so it's best to stay away.

3. Rob DeHaven

Rob DeHaven 10 pointer

Apr 19, 2006
    on the road
    You know I think this is a set up. What are the chances that 2 of them show up at the same time. It's like the 2 people that showed up last year just to stir things up. Wait one of them did sort of hunt fowl. Anyway just a thought. Carry on.

Brsutton86 likes this.
  4. macmain07

macmain07 Fawn

Sep 6, 2016

5. macmain07

macmain07 Fawn

Sep 6, 2016
    My buddy from back home has been trying to help me out up here to find some public sloughs. I totally get it and I hated out of towners with the best of them. I found public land so now I guess I just need to start walking hahaha. Thanks

6. web splitter

web splitter 8 pointer

Feb 3, 2015
    Let us know where you find them, would love to get in on it.

7. Bowfinger

Bowfinger 10 pointer

Nov 3, 2015
    In a Concrete Submarine
    I couldn't agree more. I remember when this type of behavior was dealt with.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2016
    TugboatT likes this.
  8. Marsh CallUser

Marsh CallUser 12 pointer

May 20, 2011
    Bowling Green, KY
    Black facepaint is a must for killing woodies, here in KY.

You're welcome.

9. RackedUP

RackedUP 8 pointer

Oct 30, 2013
    If anyone knows where any big bucks are I would also like to kill those. Thanks in advance.

Brsutton86 and web splitter like this.
  10. Capttrae

Capttrae 12 pointer

Apr 2, 2012
    Man they are behind every bush, rock, and tree. I mean according to the magazines and the tv shows they are everywhere up here. This is Kentucky.

11. Brsutton86

Brsutton86 12 pointer

Sep 19, 2009
    Harrodsburg, KY
    I've been on a cruise and have to work alot this week to catch up before season. No time to scout, can anyone point me to some birds. Gps coordinates preferred.

12. uplandchessies

uplandchessies 10 pointer

Mar 20, 2002
    Florence, Ky, USA.
    Expect to drive. Woodies can be found on local WMA's some years, but the 2 bird limit is not worth the hike. Rivers or private are best options around this area.

13. Coot_Meurer

Coot_Meurer 10 pointer

Nov 4, 2006
    Not here anymore
    Glad to share my spots. Got 3 that are awesome, but do require exquisite timing to hunt. The first is on Nicholasville Rd, in front of the Equine/Vet Sci building just before Farm Rd. Small pond but always has birds. Best camo here is shorts/hoodie/backpack - and use a pellet rifle.

Second spot is north of Lexington. Turn into the KY Horse Park, and turn right at the T. Small lake/big pond that always holds geese and in late winter has quite a few divers. Dress in breeches, knee boots, and a polo and just act like you own the place - you will blend right in with the horse people.

Third spot is the best of all. There is a pond in front of the Papa Johns Corporate Bldg, just east of Blankenbaker. Quite a few banded and sometimes collared birds, but you have got to Jeff Foiles em with wonder bread and pellet rifle. Hunt from a mini van and take your shots from inside with the side door slid open.

If there is anything else I can help with, just let me know!

14. Bowfinger

Bowfinger 10 pointer

Nov 3, 2015
    In a Concrete Submarine
    Anybody hook this guy up yet?

15. smashdn

smashdn 12 pointer

Nov 24, 2003
    Palmyra, Kentucky
    38.414157, -85.429129

Hide in the grass and set a classic J-hook in the open water.