Need a little help

Kyhunter96

Fawn
Oct 6, 2014
hey guys I'm hunting a new area this year and I've found a pretty good saddle and I've hunted it atleast 4 times and so far I've seen the same 3 point every time lol and a few does. It's got a good rub line around the ridge but no scrapes yet. I've got plenty of trail camera pictures of does and a few small bucks. But nothing mature, my question is would other mature bucks start using this saddle alot more for traveling once the rut really kicks in? Just starting to lose confidence from the lack of trail camera pics and seeing no mature bucks, just trying to figure out on what I should do. The saddle is circled

Attachments

• IMG_8666.JPG
    IMG_8666.JPG
    146.7 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_8665.JPG
    IMG_8665.JPG
    249.2 KB · Views: 89

TOAhunter

Spike
Aug 15, 2015
From my experience, a spot can go from zero to hero over night when the rut hits. I have a flat that I found on accident, ran a camera on it for a month with nothing but does. Gave up and stopped hunting it, next camera check had 3 different shooters cruising that flat in daylight. The rut changes everything

flattop35

6 pointer
Nov 12, 2015
Caldwell County
From my experience, a spot can go from zero to hero over night when the rut hits. I have a flat that I found on accident, ran a camera on it for a month with nothing but does. Gave up and stopped hunting it, next camera check had 3 different shooters cruising that flat in daylight. The rut changes everything
So true

littlebear

12 pointer
Aug 21, 2007
the woods
I have a couple of spots that you hardly see deer in most of the season but when the rut gets going they became my two best spots. I have taken several of my best deer in those 2 spots. Don't give up on your spot too quick

Latest posts