NBC (Nothing But Crap) News Asks Americans To Confess Their Climate Change Sins

Discussion in 'Politics' started by EC, Sep 19, 2019.

1. EC

EC 12 pointer

Jul 13, 2003
    Louisville, KY.
    NBC News Asks Americans To Confess Their Climate Change Sins
    [​IMG]

Peter Hasson Senior Reporter
    September 18, 2019 12:41 PM ET

NBC News is asking Americans to confess their climate change sins, though at least some people have taken the opportunity to troll the news company.

“Even those who care deeply about the planet’s future can slip up now and then. Tell us: Where do you fall short in preventing climate change?” reads the introduction to NBC’s “Climate Confessions” project.

Many of the responses appear to take the project seriously. One person confessed taking flights to see their son across the country. “I fly to see my son on the west coast. I live on the east,” reads the confession.

“I drive to work even though the bus is almost as fast. I often feel I have good excuses,” another person confessed.

“I wish I had been born a vegan and then maybe it would be easier. I can’t seem to give up meat,” another confession stated.

One person apparently used the project to tout their virtuousness, rather than confess their climate sins. “I LOVE meat. But I love the earth more. Vegan for over 4 years now,” they wrote. (RELATED: Bernie Sanders, Climate Hawk, Spends Nearly $300K On Private Jet Travel In Month)

[​IMG]
    (Michael Nagle/Getty Images)

Others appear to have taken the opportunity to troll NBC over the project. One such entry reads: “I require at least half a roll of TP when wiping.”

“I like my house to be 85 in the winter and 55 in the summer. Deal with it, hippies,” one person wrote. “I live on Earth, where even if we achieve carbon neutrality in the first world, that’s only 19.1% of the population,” another stated.

“I don’t do anything for the environment. I don’t care,” reads another entry. “I am eating bacon with breakfast this morning and I’ll have it again tomorrow,” another declared.

One person submitted lyrics about loving plastic straws: “I LOVE plastic straws & I cannot lie. As many as I can get, before I die. Such straight soda with apple pie. Yessir, I’m the guy.”
    https://dailycaller.com/2019/09/18/nbc-news-climate-confessions/

2. 120+

120+ 12 pointer

I went on and gave my confession.

"I confess, sometimes I stop my tv on the NBC news channel. Everyone knows it's just biased BS so I'm just wasting my electricity."

JR PORTER, mallardkiller and EC like this.
  3. EC

EC 12 pointer

Jul 13, 2003
    Louisville, KY.
    LOL! Good one!

4. EC

EC 12 pointer

Jul 13, 2003
    Louisville, KY.
    Some other comments

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Gforcetrivers likes this.
  5. ojibwa62

ojibwa62 12 pointer

Jul 1, 2018
    NOTW
    Forgive me climate gods I have sinned, all of my cars other then the two brand new ones (still under warranty) have had the catalytic converters removed.

Gforcetrivers likes this.
  6. mallardkiller

mallardkiller 8 pointer

Dec 27, 2008
    KY
    I think they need to get a J...O...B.. so they want have all this time to worry about dumb stuff... climiate charge been going on for thousands of years..they need to worry about illegals and keeping our 2nd...

7. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    I have countless sins and I’m going to environmental hell.

I give them credit for finally admitting that this is a disturbing false religion.

ojibwa62 and mallardkiller like this.
  8. wv67

wv67 12 pointer

Dec 19, 2017
    Southern wva
    LOL ignorant people , ... I feed my cows beans so they will Fart , and piss off PLUTO is still a planet and revelation is fake LOL. When y’all show me you can walk on water I will listen ,,,

9. Gforcetrivers

Gforcetrivers 12 pointer

Sep 23, 2016
    Burkesville
    I mowed my lawn on an Ozone Action Day once!

mallardkiller and Feedman like this.
  10. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    Hahahaha. I think my family cut down a bunch of trees on earth day as well.

11. Gforcetrivers

Gforcetrivers 12 pointer

Sep 23, 2016
    Burkesville
    Oh man! That's a bad one!

mallardkiller likes this.
  12. JR PORTER

JR PORTER 10 pointer

May 1, 2014
    KNOTT CO. KY
    I ate a hamburger and farted, does that count?

13. wademup

wademup 12 pointer

Feb 5, 2004
    benton, ky, USA.
    These environmentalists worship creation not the creator. I confess my sins daily because every sin is against God , not trees

ojibwa62 likes this.
  14. EC

EC 12 pointer

Jul 13, 2003
    Louisville, KY.
    Bumper crop of stupidity and morons.

========================================

Students at ‘Christian’ theological seminary confess climate sins to plants
    By
    Joe Newby
    -
    September 21, 2019

On Thursday, the College Fix reported that students at the Union Theological Seminary in Manhattan confessed their sins to plants during a chapel service that a campus spokesman described as a “beautiful, moving ritual.”

“Today in chapel, we confessed to plants. Together, we held our grief, joy, regret, hope, guilt and sorrow in prayer; offering them to the beings who sustain us but whose gift we too often fail to honor. What do you confess to the plants in your life?” the seminary said on Twitter, prompting a great deal of ridicule nationwide.

Today in chapel, we confessed to plants. Together, we held our grief, joy, regret, hope, guilt and sorrow in prayer; offering them to the beings who sustain us but whose gift we too often fail to honor.

What do you confess to the plants in your life? pic.twitter.com/tEs3Vm8oU4

— Union Seminary (@UnionSeminary) September 17, 2019

We've had many questions about yesterday's chapel, conducted as part of @ccarvalhaes' class, "Extractivism: A Ritual/Liturgical Response." In worship, our community confessed the harm we've done to plants, speaking directly in repentance.

Trending: AG Barr on Background Checks – Just Say No!

This is a beautiful ritual. /1

— Union Seminary (@UnionSeminary) September 18, 2019

We are in the throes of a climate emergency, a crisis created by humanity's arrogance, our disregard for Creation.

Far too often, we see the natural world only as resources to be extracted for our use, not divinely created in their own right—worthy of honor, thanks and care. /2

We need to unlearn habits of sin and death. And part of that work must be building new bridges to the natural world.

And that means creating new spiritual and intellectual frameworks by which we understand and relate to the plants and animals with whom we share the planet. /3

The College Fix added:

According to its website, Union Theological Seminary was founded in 1836 by nine Presbyterian ministers, who were seeking a “new vision for theological education.” Long known as a center of progressive Christian theology, it has graduated and hosted liberal thinkers from Harry Fosdick to Cornel West. Elsewhere on its website it states that “the fragility of our planet” is one of “the most profoundly challenging issues of our contemporary experience.”

In a thread explaining the service, the seminary’s Twitter account posted: “We need to unlearn habits of sin and death…At first, [developing new liturgies] will seem weird. It won’t feel normal. It won’t look like how we’re used to worship looking and sounding. And that’s exactly the point. We don’t just need new wine, we need new wineskins.”

“Because plants aren’t capable of verbal response, does that mean we shouldn’t engage with them?” the thread continued, adding: “f we do not change, we will perish.”

“There’s been much discussion online about a Union chapel this week, in which the Union community was asked to engage with the plants, soil, rocks, birds, trees in our lives: confessing harm, hope, love, gratitude…It was a beautiful, moving ritual,” campus spokesman Benjamin Perry told the College Fix in an email.

Jeff Walton, the Anglican Program Director at the Institute on Religion & Democracy, called the ritual “absurd” in an email to the College Fix.

“Plants cannot hear nor can they provide absolution. Environmental transgressions could be regarded as offenses against God and our descendants, but not to the plants themselves, which are not persons,” he said.

“I’m receptive to general revelation – a concept that the natural world testifies to the existence of God. But Union is embracing a form of pantheism. If the seminary was specifically Christian, it would point people to Jesus Christ rather than to the houseplant aisle at Home Depot,” he added.

Perry, however, said the plant ritual is “just one expression of worship here at Union.”

“Union Theological Seminary is grounded in the Christian tradition, and at the same time deeply committed to inter-religious engagement. Union’s daily chapel is, by design, a place where people from all the wondrous faith traditions at Union can express their beliefs. And, given the incredible diversity of our community, that means worship looks different every day!” he added.

We’re reminded of a passage from the Bible that speaks to this kind of thing:

Professing to be wise, they became fools, and changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like corruptible man—and birds and four-footed animals and creeping things. Therefore God also gave them up to uncleanness, in the lusts of their hearts, to dishonor their bodies among themselves, who exchanged the truth of God for the lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen. (Romans 1:22-25 NKJV)

What’s next? The mind boggles…
    https://conservativefiringline.com/...-theological-seminary-confess-sins-to-plants/

15. riverboss

riverboss 12 pointer

Jan 26, 2009
    northern ky
    Forgive me! I once ate a salad!