national debt 22 trilion

Discussion in 'Politics' started by 00noturkey, Aug 22, 2019.

1. 00noturkey

00noturkey 8 pointer

Oct 31, 2011
    high grove, ky
    no such thing as the national debt. it is the tax payer debt for what congress spends.. dont matter if a president increases it, or the congress, that has the power to, the people have to pay it back. they the congress can spend as much as they want. we let them, we pay it back.. free college education= on the backs or the poor. not an education, i would want.. take money from those that dont have any, an call it fair. that is how it works. if a doctor came from the poor, an worked their way up, i would trust them more than someone who got into school because of money., and gets to pass a course, because of money.
    i went to an osteopath once, she had the name, but one of her assistants, actually had the hands. it is not learned, in any school. it just is... best stop, before i dig to deep..

Carl likes this.
  2. I read an article recently I wish I could find. It explained how they’re not worried about the debt because inflation has historically outpaced it. Hell maybe they’re right but it sounds reckless to play around with fire to me.

3. Wildcat

Wildcat 12 pointer

Jan 7, 2002
    Ledbetter, Ky.
    I used to worry about it. But to cut down the debt we need to cut the govt spending and that means cut the govt. I read somewhere that we will need to cut the govt by 50% for a few YEARS,

The American people will never go for that. Look at the last "partial" govt shutdown that lasted for a few weeks. 25% of the govt shut down for a few weeks and people raised heck. They could not go to their jobs, they could not pay their bills , etc, etc. Ever non govt workers were complaining they were losing money each day of the govt shut down. I remember some farmers complained they lost money.

We all saw it and heard the people complaining. This was just 25% for a few weeks. No way will they put up with a 50% cut in govt for a few YEARS,

Gforcetrivers likes this.
  4. bondhu

bondhu 12 pointer

Jul 3, 2015
    Battle Run
    The gov shut downs are backwards if they started in Washington they'd have more skin in the game than just political fodder.

5. Gforcetrivers

Gforcetrivers 10 pointer

Sep 23, 2016
    Burkesville
    OMG could you imagine the Libturds screaming bloody murder trying to eliminate a couple of agencies? OR just cut back 15-20 percent?

6. Wildcat

Wildcat 12 pointer

Jan 7, 2002
    Ledbetter, Ky.

The problem is it's not just "libturds" but a ton of conservatives raised bloody murder over the few weeks 25% of the govt was shut down. We all saw and heard it on talk forums, on TV, in the restaurants, everywhere. The problem was some of them were in business with the govt and it was killing them. Others are govt workers that always posted against the democrats, they "lost pay" but got it all back ever though they did not work.

It's one thing to talk the talk but when the knife comes out to "cut" people change their minds in a hurry.

Gforcetrivers likes this.
  7. High Rack

High Rack 12 pointer

Dec 21, 2009
    in the hills
    I think it was this week some acronym of government came out and said that the deficit will continue to run 1.2 trillion for the next 10 years, so we will be around 35 Trillion in short order. That's a whole lot of inflation in the next ten years, and the only way for people to buy anything major , rates will need to be zero. I am a big fan of you hold it, you own it, which is why I continue to buy gold and silver, mostly silver as the upside is greater than gold IMO.

The only saving grace for the dollar, most every country also is printing more than ever before.

8. carnivore

carnivore 12 pointer

Nov 17, 2007
    Ky
    I figured the same thing when i realized every other country does the same. Currency and our economy is a ponzi scheme. Gotta keep growing, gotta keep moving, kick that can futther and further down the road.

9. Carl

Carl 12 pointer

Dec 1, 2003
    Underground Bunker in KY
    "Term Limits" No career politicians.

00noturkey, Nock and drakeshooter like this.
  10. The biggest screwup by our Founders in a nutshell. The majority of our problems today politically could be solved by a two term lifetime limit for all Federal office. They just didn’t foresee this I guess. They were farmers and businessmen who did their duties in Congress for a bit each year then went on about their lives instead of living on the public dole.

riverboss and Nock like this.
  11. bgkyarcher

bgkyarcher 12 pointer

Aug 23, 2011
    BG
    I like the idea of term limits, but fear what could happen with 2 terms. You get good ones in, then their gone. Who knows how good their replacement will be. The other issue is lifetime benefits. That would increase the lifetime benefit debt tremendously. That needs to be gone, if they put in term limits. I'd prefer 3, or even 4 terms. The shitty ones will get voted out. The national debt bothers me. I had hoped Trump would reign it in some. Nope. Just my .02.

zone1 and 00noturkey like this.
  12. WildmanWilson

WildmanWilson 12 pointer

Dec 26, 2004
    Western Ky.
    The debt is like a 401k that’s grown for 30 years. It’s growing at an every expanding rate and feeding on itself. At this point I see little we can do.

bgkyarcher likes this.
  13. bgkyarcher

bgkyarcher 12 pointer

Aug 23, 2011
    BG
    True. It’s gonna be hard to reverse it but even the GOP has become numb to it.

drakeshooter likes this.
  14. 00noturkey

00noturkey 8 pointer

Oct 31, 2011
    high grove, ky
    one thing would be to cut government waste. 1 million to study how snails have sex. let the french study that. they like escargot more. its a food source, for them. they can study pigeons too. though i might try them myself.. probably aint no more fowl than any other bird..
    lobbying, special interests groups,, sometimes they help the people, other times, just the congressmen, an themselves. how about two term limits, sit out a term, then they can run again? when they retire, ssa kicks in..

15. High Rack

High Rack 12 pointer

Dec 21, 2009
    in the hills
    "1 million to study how snails have sex"
    Snails was inserted in place of democrats.....Shhh, keep that on the down-low.

00noturkey likes this.