Nanner Puddin

Discussion in 'Food Preparation, Camp Cooking and Recipes' started by Shiz-Nit, Mar 15, 2011.

1. Shiz-Nit

Shiz-Nit 10 pointer

Made a homemade Nanner Puddin, and boy it sure was good.

[​IMG]

2. quackrstackr

quackrstackr Welcome to Fantasy Island Staff Member

Nov 19, 2003
    The Island
    I may have to ban you for posting a picture of that and not shipping me any of it..

3. C.L.Button

C.L.Button 12 pointer

Jan 27, 2005
    Derby City Jungle
    Shiz did you cook that up on the BGE ?? Gotta add in some Applewood smoked bacon next time. LOL

4. pentail

pentail Bacon Staff Member

Sep 25, 2002
    Savoring the smoke
    very nice. About the only thing I like better than piping hot nanner puddin is cold nanner puddin

5. Shiz-Nit

Shiz-Nit 10 pointer

Yeh it was done on the BGE, it was already hot from the chicken so I said hay why not try it.

6. Good lord! What is your address....I'm moving in next door and you can invite me over for dinner anytime you see fit. I'm having withdrawls after moving to the big city and not being able to use my smoker or grill. I have to go to a certain area on the property to even grill!!!!!

7. philipfleek

philipfleek 12 pointer

Feb 24, 2008
    philville, KY
    awesome! i can smell it right now.

8. ecmbowhunter

ecmbowhunter Elitist Bowhunter

Feb 17, 2004
    at the Elite Level
    Agreed. Good homemade nanner puddin' is like the Holy Grail of home cookin' for me.

9. barney

barney 12 pointer

Oct 11, 2005
    I can eat nanner puddin mornin, noon, and night...its my fa-vo-rite meal!

10. Its not just a meal...its a food group

11. Flash5150

Flash5150 Spike

Nov 30, 2006
    I love that stuff! Anyone care to share a favorite recipe? Mom use to make it for me all the time!

12. Feedman

Feedman Cyber-Hunter

May 28, 2003
    In the basement
    My mouth is watering!! I am calling my mother so the next time I visit I will have Nanner Pudding!!!

I would fight a grizzlie bear with a baccer stick over nanner pudding.

13. ptbrauch

ptbrauch 12 pointer

Nov 10, 2004
    The OC
    My wife tried to make nanner puddin' once. Not only did she forget to add the nanners, we didn't even have any in the house for her to add! We ended up with nilla puddin' over nilla wafers. Needless to say, my wife ain't a very good cook. Good thing she's got good looks. I don't know what I'm going to do when they fade though.

14. gatorgrowl

gatorgrowl Spike

Nov 6, 2008
    Orlando Fl
    Shiz...that looks great. But it looks different from the nanner puddin I am used to....almost looks like a cobbler, with a crust??
    Anyway, I would love to have your recipe if you would share. I enjoy reading all this cooking stuff....
    gatorgrowl, from Florida.

15. barney

barney 12 pointer

Oct 11, 2005
    3/4 cup sugar
    1/4 cup flour
    3 country egg yolks
    2 c. milk
    1 T. vanilla
    1 box vanilla wafers
    3 nanners
    mix sugar and egg yolks. add milk, flour and vanilla, mix well. Stir constantly over medium heat until thick, then layer with wafers and nanners. Add a couple of tablespoons of sugar, and a teaspoon of vanilla to the three egg whites and beat until peaks form. spread over the puddin, and brown to golden under the broiler. chill overnight if you can wait that long..

When I make nanner puddin, I triple this recipe, then I eat it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and any time I need a pick-me-up snack.. I made 2 batches last week, I would be makin a batch right now if the boy hadn't polished off the last bunch of nanners while I was at work today!:(

Last edited: Mar 28, 2011