My poor wife is in pain

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by ojibwa62, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Dark Cloud

Dark Cloud 12 pointer

Aug 14, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    We got one of them tables around here, just make sure you know how to use it and adjust it right, my first time using that thang, I thought I was falling off the world.Id sell it if anybody wanted it, I can’t use it

barney and ojibwa62 like this.
  2. Drahts

Drahts 12 pointer

Apr 7, 2015
    KY
    OJib prayers for you wife.

The whole key to Chiros is finding a really good one. Not one that just wants to start cracking on you from every direction in 10 min and sending you out with a another appt and a $1000 bill. Ya gotta find one that is good and listens to what your problem is and explains to you whats going on.

I took my dad in to care for him for over a year after a series of small strokes and he was in the mid point of alzheimers. Anyhow one night putting him to bed I stood him out of his wheelchair and went to pivot him left and at just the wrong point he resisted 180 degrees opposite of the direction of the pivot. It popped my pelvic out of joint at top back right side of my butt cheek. I have a good friend who is a great chiro. He worked on me three times a week for several weeks. He also gave me exercises to do, a series of them. He told me if I get up and stretch in the morning, and maintain the exercises I stand a better chance of staying good. But since we moved to the farm and all the lifting and working I've gotten wacked in the back again. But I am gonna find another good one close to me that can get me lined up again and then I'll get back on the exercises and be good again. Key is find a good chiro and the exercises that will help the healing and doing them. Stretching is requirement too.

00noturkey and ojibwa62 like this.
  3. Dark Cloud

Dark Cloud 12 pointer

Aug 14, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    The chiropractor my wife went too, would not touch her until ex ray, cat scan ,or mri ,he helped her big time, she made several visits, but has not had to go back in awhile.Id say like has been said ,find a dr. that knows what he’s doing.

00noturkey likes this.
  4. EC

EC 12 pointer

Jul 13, 2003
    Louisville, KY.
    Prayers up for your wife and you as well.

ojibwa62 likes this.
  5. ojibwa62

ojibwa62 12 pointer

Jul 1, 2018
    NOTW
    She is a bit grumpy..

6. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    Prayers sent. Back pain is no fun. I think I had posted on here before, I used to go to a chiropractor pretty often. I’m a pretty good sized fella so they’d really have to work to pop and crack me. Anyway, had a wreck that totaled my truck a few years back and did PT for 2 months. They basically gave me some simple stretches to do 2-3 times per week upon my release, and I swear as long as I do them routinely, I haven’t even thought about the chiropractor. Now, sadly, I don’t know how this will go when I’m older and not even in good enough shape to do the stretches, but right now, it works...and way cheaper than the chiropractor. My recommendation is PT and do the routine they recommend when they release you. My wife has a cousin who is a chiropractor and while he’s good and believes in his work, he’ll confess that he wants his patients to keep on coming. He says, “Our job is routine maintenance. The objective is not to make a patient feel better, so we can release them, it’s make them feel better so they keep coming back.”

barney, 1wildcatfan and ojibwa62 like this.
  7. 00noturkey

00noturkey 10 pointer

Oct 31, 2011
    high grove, ky
    Chiropractor's, Doctors, Osteopathy, they all can heal, if you find the right one. ever find the wrong dentist? a painful lesson.
    I got 28 injection's of novicane or whatever it was called, at one dentist. Deep cleaning, lower right quadrant. He couldnt find the right nerve, so he injected along side or the teeth. front teeth injections were worst. i didnt go back. i'd drive 2 hrs., ta go to a good dentist.

8. 00noturkey

00noturkey 10 pointer

Oct 31, 2011
    high grove, ky
    maybe. what brand and how much. i might have to sell it too, if i can find a buyer.