My poor wife is in pain

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by ojibwa62, Mar 26, 2020.

1. bgkyarcher

bgkyarcher 12 pointer

Aug 23, 2011
    BG
    As I've said, at least twice, if there are structural issues, it's a bandaid.....

2. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    Dude chiropractors and physical therapists are night and day different. Literally. Ask doctors. Ask insurance companies. Look at the education requirements. Cmon man.

Winchester94 likes this.
  3. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    I’ve been to a chiropractor over ten times.

4. bgkyarcher

bgkyarcher 12 pointer

Aug 23, 2011
    BG
    I've been to both PT and chiropractic treatments in triple digits each. I have a little larger data set than you. I'm done with this. You obviously don't read my responses, and don't have any inclination to entertain anyone's opinion that doesn't agree with you. Night bud.

5. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    Sorry BG. Science is science. I’ve been to both plenty, albeit to physical therapy significantly more because of the effectiveness. Sorry that you don’t like that I and most the medical industry disagree with you. Good night to you as well sir.

6. clovis67

clovis67 6 pointer

Aug 16, 2008
    I know that Chiropractic treatments have helped my situation.I was one of these folks that didn’t believe in that stuff. But ...I had just about done a number on myself trying to move a washer /dryer thru a tight doorway. I was brokedown and was suffering. So I went to the local Chiropractor...and he took an x-ray of my back and told me what the main problem was. Took a few visits,but it really helped me get back to a full range of motion and feeling virtually pain free.

7. JR in KY

JR in KY 12 pointer

Jan 25, 2006
    The Occupied South
    BG is totally correct. I was near ending it all about 25 years ago and I found a Chiropractor. He saved my life.

ojibwa62 and Timholt70 like this.
  8. ojibwa62

ojibwa62 12 pointer

Jul 1, 2018
    NOTW
    I don't go to them I refer to them as witch doctors with less power.

All I know is she goes in bent up and come out straight, so it works for her.

9. Brit's and Birds

Brit's and Birds 8 pointer

Nov 24, 2008
    Oldham County
    Really sorry to hear that ojib. I had something kind of similar where I herniated the last disc in my back right above pelvis. The bulge in the disc put pressure on my sciatic nerve causing both back pain from the disc and hip pain from the nerve. Debilitating at times. Got worse to the point I had lightning bolts shooting down my leg and my ankle hurt constantly like a fresh sprain from the pressure on the nerve. Had xrays done and the disc compressed more on one side to where my hips were uneven like what your wife has.

I spent 6 weeks, 3 appts per weeks in a chiro office. It would help for a couple hours and then the pain came back. Ended up switching to physical therapy and never looked back. Chiro relieves tension and pressure causing pain. PT builds the area up so the body naturally heals through muscle building. I was able to strengthen the muscles to the point they squeezed the disc back into place and held it there. 100% better. I feel it flair up a couple times a year which is my reminder to do the exercises again for a week or so and back to 100%.

Chiro has its place. While it treats similar things as PT, they are not the same. Chiro is a lifetime commitment until you fix the underlying issues, which is where PT comes in. Just something to consider once the virus mess blows over. Until then, I pray your wife finds pain relief and healing.

Timholt70 and ojibwa62 like this.
  10. bigbonner

bigbonner 12 pointer

Aug 5, 2015
    How some people get bent out of shape.
    Years was 1997 and I was taking a tractor seat out of my cab tractor that had broken. I say the seat only weighed 75 pounds. 75 pounds was nothing to lift. I reached in sideways picked that seat up over the steering wheel and out the door . I felt something pull in my back . I welded the bottom of the seat and put it back in . I knew I did something to my back, as the longer the day got the stiffer my back and then the pain set in . By the time my son got off the school bus , I was in so much pain I could not stand , walk or sit. I laid down and still could not get comfortable.
    I went to a chiro and he tried to take X rays but his machine was too small and I was going to have to go to the hospital which I didn't because I did not have the extra money to pay for it. It took me several years to get better and my wife would rub my back and find knots where the pain was . She would rub those spot and I could tell the pain difference afterwards. Still to this day , I can not stand in one spot for very long or my left leg will feel like a hot rod running down the outside of it and when I go to sit down my toes will want to cross like a mussel spasm.
    Now when my wife hurt her back the doctors said that a chiro would be dangerous in her situation and could cause more damage to her hips and spine.

ojibwa62 Best wishes your wife has a full recovery

Last edited: Mar 27, 2020
    ojibwa62 likes this.
  11. ojibwa62

ojibwa62 12 pointer

Jul 1, 2018
    NOTW
    Talking to her this morning there is actually very little pain , just a lot of stiffness and range of movement is limited. She is doing a lot of stretching trying to work it out..

Told her I would build her an inversion table if that would help.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2020
  12. bondhu

bondhu 12 pointer

Jul 3, 2015
    Battle Run
    Prayers for you wife.

ojibwa62 likes this.
  13. ojibwa62

ojibwa62 12 pointer

Jul 1, 2018
    NOTW
    Thank you and thank all.
    Lots of hot baths are helping.

I'm so ready for life as normal again..

14. rlb165

rlb165 12 pointer

Dec 10, 2001
    I have a cheap inversion table that I bought years ago. I used to have a lot of lower back pain, and I believe it’s one of the things that helped me.
    Praying for her to get relief.

15. JR in KY

JR in KY 12 pointer

Jan 25, 2006
    The Occupied South
    I think the inversion table might be good and I KNOW soaking in the hot bath helps her.
    Hope she gets better soon, someone has to feed the chickens.