My Lovely Birds

HuntressOfLight

12 pointer
Nov 23, 2019
Guarding my lovely bluebirds
At it again, two of them and same nest build, directly overhead.

20220624_114507.jpg

20220624_114923.jpg

Went out and cut it for them, setting it down wrapped for them and ready to go. The one having been fighting with it permitted me extremely close, within four feet (might be Robenia), before flying up into a tree. Her mate then gathered it, as soon as I crossed back over the driveway. They have been at it like mad this morning, hauling everything up there but the kitchen sink. Just look at this load during lift-off flight lol

20220624_114107.jpg

Last edited:

HuntressOfLight

12 pointer
Nov 23, 2019
Flock of maybe 50 birds just flew overhead. Mo idea what they were, but I could easily tell they were the same as I saw a couple years back with simply amazing flight abilities, synchronized aerobatics and very fast medium sized birds with distint angles, points to the shapes of their wings (smaller than doves but not by too very much).

HuntressOfLight

12 pointer
Nov 23, 2019
Cannot see them too well, but my lovely gray catbird has a decent sized fledgling within the blackberry jungle right now. The adult is feeding it, while also showing it how to hunt. The fledgling flew from the ground up and onto a low cane, after watching the adult do so. Quite chatty. Although here each year, I had never seen one fledged until today.

20220626_140101.jpg
20220626_135757.jpg

If not, it's courting its mate...

Fledglings since confirmed.

Last edited:

HuntressOfLight

12 pointer
Nov 23, 2019
This is that young cardinal again. The dogs were barely inside and snoozing, when she landed upon the deck railing and simply began studying me from maybe only 8' away. I think she probably drank from one of the dog's water bowls, being how she had hopped down that way and out of sight around the corner for a minute, before reappearing between different planters sitting within full sun at this time.

20220630_102556.jpg

She began picking something off them, while continuing to closely study me. I kept my phone down within my lap and just slowly tilted it upward to her. It's all I could do.

I still think it was the one having hopped along the deck directly upon fledging, less than 3' from me not too very long ago; the one in which I carried into the blackberry jungle. This is her turf.

Last edited:

Latest posts