My first hunt ever

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by N3tT3chMan, Oct 11, 2009.

1. N3tT3chMan

N3tT3chMan Spike

Sep 10, 2009
    Louisville
    Hey everyone i just wanted to tell you all about my first hunting experience.. It started out with me leaving my house at 5:30 this morning and going to my girlfriends grandparents her grandfather and I left for Larue county to his hunting lodge. We got there and did some scouting setup where there were some tracks and hoped for the best after about 2 hours nothing came by so he showed me where he made his first bow kill and all that great stuff and explained that there was a possibility that we may run into a deer... after finding our spot we were gonna hunt on our next trip, we started heading back twords the lodge and I spotted a ear in the woods ahead and was able to make out a face looking at me in the woods. It was a doe, my heart started racing and the adrenaline started pumping Johnny and I sat still and she came walking at us and would eat some leaves and then look at us for a second and continue to eat some more... i sat still for what felt like 5 minutes and decided to draw and take a shot I was so ecstatic that i misjudged the distance and overshot it.. I wanted to kick myself in the rear as i watched her flap her tail at me while she ran away... i had the opportunity for a perfect shot nothing was in the way at all. she was looking at me but her body was more to the left than strait on and i mucked up and overshot it... i guess thats why they call it hunting :)

2. rangerman2003

rangerman2003 8 pointer

Oct 4, 2005
    ZONE 1
    so hows the fever feel? its a rush aint it... you will slowly learn how to control it, I still get it just starting to learn what it takes to put it on the back burner while I shoot, but once the shot is off now thats another story..

3. predator1

predator1 12 pointer

Dec 25, 2008
    Glasgow,Ky
    Sounds like your hooked now!

4. Mudbone

Mudbone 8 pointer

Feb 14, 2005
    Bullitt County, Ky
    Hang in there. If you hunt long enough, it will likely happen again. Happens to most of us at some time or another. On the postive side, it was a clean miss and not a wounded deer. I'd take that any day. Keep after it and your time will come. Good luck.

5. etownhunter

etownhunter 12 pointer

Mar 21, 2004
    Central ky
    miss a deer? we all have done it. like you stated, thats why they call it hunting..

6. N3tT3chMan

N3tT3chMan Spike

Sep 10, 2009
    Louisville
    its great cant wait to go back... definitely something I'm going to be sticking with.

7. RutNBuck

RutNBuck 12 pointer

Dec 10, 2001
    Northern Ky
    i assure you that you will never forget that moment
    its kinda like your first date or kiss your nerves take over
    but as time goes by you will still feel them but will be able to cope with them in a less nerving feeling

8. turk2di

turk2di Cyber-Hunter

Feb 25, 2003
    evansville, ind
    Great ain't it? Had the same thing happen to me this morning...only i never got a shot!

9. N3tT3chMan

N3tT3chMan Spike

Sep 10, 2009
    Louisville
    im definitely hooked i guess i have the fever... I was kinda disappointed at first all the practicing i have been doing with the bow and it all went out the window when the moment came.