My first deer!!

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by lady estrus, Nov 21, 2008.

1. lady estrus

lady estrus 6 pointer

Aug 31, 2008
    Ky
    Pics of my first deer..I bagged him about 15 minutes before dark.Thought it was a doe until we got to him,he was a spike with his right antler broke off..I shot him at 300 yards with my husbands 30-06.When I shot him he dropped and laid there for 30 sec. or so and then got up and ran like he was never shot.He ran about 50 yards and that was it. I was tore up..I have to work tomorrow but you can bet that I will be back out sunday..:D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. scsims

scsims 10 pointer

Wow!! 300 yards good job.

3. rcb216

rcb216 12 pointer

Sep 25, 2005
    Robertson Co.
    We zero'd several rifles earlier this year at 300 yards for an Elk hunt a friend of mine was going on, and this deer walk right to were we had the targets at and turned broadside, she already had the bipods out and laid down and placed the crosshairs were I told her. I'm so proud of her, thats my girl! It is so much fun to take your wife out or kids. I'm one lucky man. She gutted him and did it all by herself.:D

4. sa_hunt

sa_hunt Banned

Nov 3, 2008
    Magoffin County
    Congratulationgs on a beautiful deer. Hope there are many more to follow. Love to see you gals out throwing the lead.

5. ScoutMan

ScoutMan 6 pointer

Oct 18, 2004
    BG
    Congratulations on your first deer. I wished that my wife would hunt. The only thing that she hunts is bargains at the mall.

6. muzzy125acc

muzzy125acc 12 pointer

Oct 31, 2002
    PULASKI CO..
  7. a_rooster

a_rooster Spike

Aug 26, 2007
    Southeast Kentucky
    Congrats. My daughter started hunting this year. She is still working on her first. I hope this is the first of many more to come.

8. kyarcher

kyarcher Cyber-Hunter

Dec 12, 2001
    Garrard County, Ky
    Congrats on your first deer. Awesome shot also at 300 yards. :D

9. kyguy

kyguy Fawn

Oct 5, 2006
    northeastern ky
  10. spotty 11

spotty 11 Fawn

Nov 15, 2008
    fleming co
    great to see u gals out there hunting just goes to show there are some good ones great first deer and darn good shooting hope to see more females in all hunting and fishing my wife is also a hunter just has not bagged one yet cant wait till she sees this:):):):):):)

11. Luckybuck

Luckybuck 10 pointer

May 29, 2006
    N. KY
    That looks like a huge bodied spike!

12. PSmith

PSmith 8 pointer

Sep 14, 2007
    Eubank,Ky
    congrats on your first deer

13. RutNBuck

RutNBuck 12 pointer

Dec 10, 2001
    Northern Ky
    congrats on your deer
    i can assure you of one thing you will take many other deer in your lifetime (now that your hooked) BUT you will never forget that one....

glad to see more ladies seeing what the enjoyment is all about
    its mostly about the getting out there and enjoying nature but bringin food home is also a bonus
    again congrats and a big high 5