My dry spell has ended

Discussion in 'Varmint Hunting' started by kydirtdog44, Jan 20, 2012.

1. kydirtdog44

kydirtdog44 6 pointer

Dec 23, 2011
    PENDLETON CO
    Had a couple good days rite after gun deer season then it all went bad , bout 25 or 30 stands all dry , then it finally happened , sat eve on the 14th went for a quick stand, set up on a big ridge ridge surrounded by tall weeds and cedars , bout 3 min into the stand useing the lightingjack i saw 3 small dots comine at me at full throttle stopped the first one at about 75 yrds , (results one dead male yote) i let another one fly at the others and a clean miss, but i didnt give up and it paid off. I do believe this is the most addictive, heart pounding, adreanlin, pumping sport there is . I freaking love it

2. coyote1758

coyote1758 6 pointer

Oct 10, 2010
    nicholasville ky.
    Way to stay after them.

3. kydirtdog44

kydirtdog44 6 pointer

Dec 23, 2011
    PENDLETON CO
    i plan on getting after them real hard in febuary,my only handicap is my hearing i have a hard time hearing the e caller , if its not real close to me i cant hear it on a lower volume, that was a mistake i was making i was turning it up so i could hear it and was calling way to loud to start,my best friend and hunting partner (MY WIFE) unforutunly cant handle the real cold temps she always told me if it was on. id love to have good hearing , i didnt realize how much i took life and my health for granite till i lost all but 25 percent of my hearing, id give anything in this world to be able to understand my loving wife talk to me and not have to ask her to speak up, or the little things like a tom turkey gobbleing in the spring or a deer walking in the woods , all the things u think dont matter in life, then all of a sudden they gone and then or just sit back and look at all theese little kids , ones that will never get to hear the things the we hear or do. thats when u realize just how fragile life is. i have learned to live it to the fullest everyday and enjoy what life i have left. i i thank god every day for my family and good friends i have . and last but not least the young men and women of our great millitary fighting every day to keep us free and safe in this crazy world(ALL AMERICANS) owe them so much for doing what they so we can do what we do. to all who reads this tell your family u love them everyday,and i pray that evey time u go out the good lord keeps each and everyone of u safe; happy hunting

Last edited: Jan 20, 2012
  4. RussellHayes

RussellHayes 6 pointer

Jan 19, 2011
    Midway in woodford co.
    I am glad to see your dry spell is over, i will be after those dogs in the morning maybe i can get lucky too.

5. buck shot

buck shot 6 pointer

Nov 17, 2008
    letcher co KY
  6. tg511

tg511 Spike

Jan 15, 2012
    Warren
    good job. i had two stands this morning seen one couldn't get a shot.

7. deerdad

deerdad 6 pointer

Jan 17, 2010
    Henderson
    Good Job! At about 50% on my hearing wish I had used hearing protection shooting & working

8. elkaholic

elkaholic 12 pointer

Jan 12, 2012
    Pendleton County
    Call me Todd, you can come up here and we will give it a try. There has been no calling on our farm.

9. etownhunter

etownhunter 12 pointer

Mar 21, 2004
    Central ky
    Always shoot the one in the back, and when the shot is made, you have more time for your next target. Let em get as close as they can!

10. JR in KY

JR in KY 12 pointer

Jan 25, 2006
    The Occupied South
    KY dirtdog, that was a very insightful post. Coyotes don't really matter....All the other stuff you mentioned were what matters. I have very poor hearing now also (I'm almost 63) but feel luck to still have my health and be able to even go out Coyote Hunting. A lot of people I graduated High School with have already gone ON. I can't understand my Grandkid...have to ask for interpetation. Can't hear what my wife says (Maybe thats not so bad) But I ain't dead yet, and I am still after the Coyotes. Got one a couple hours ago. thanks for mentioning the American Soldiers; my youngest son is in U S Army Ranger School right now. I am hoping he makes it, but most of all hope he lives through it. It can be brutal and they have only a 15% pass rate. He told me before he went, that if he didn't come back that he was doing what he always wanted to do and he would NEVER QUIT and drop out, no matter what the cost was going to be.

11. kydirtdog44

kydirtdog44 6 pointer

Dec 23, 2011
    PENDLETON CO
    JR I THINK WHAT YOUR SON IS DOING IS SIMPLY THE GREATEST (and probaly the greatest sacrafice that a nyone can make) hes already a hero in my book. i pray for his sucess in life and most of for his saftey. i think we take for granite some things, and u r rite when u said that coyotes dont matter , family, friends and being the best person u can be ,i love the outdoors, and i get to enjoy it because of people like your son. when hear from tell him thanks for me, people like him are the reason we are free to do what we do .

12. kydirtdog44

kydirtdog44 6 pointer

Dec 23, 2011
    PENDLETON CO
    my dry spell has ended

wow jr that must be hard to know that your child id going to do something like that , u have to be scared , but at the sam time very proud of your son, hes already a hero in my book, when you hear from him tell him thanks from a very grateful american , i wish him well in what he is doing and pray for you and your family .

13. Thunder Head

Thunder Head 8 pointer

Im glad your dry spell is over. I think its great that you still get out after them even with your hearing loss.

14. kydirtdog44

kydirtdog44 6 pointer

Dec 23, 2011
    PENDLETON CO
    i love the outdorrs even though i cant hear all that great i still get out and enjoy my life the best i can the good thing is i get to enjoy it with my best friend (MY WIFE) she loves hunting and fishing more than me i think, i catch her sitting on the front porch listening for a pack of old yotes howling and yapping, she is always wanting to drive out to some of the farms that we hunt just to listen to them. im very greatful to have such a wonderful wife and friend,ive killed bigger deer than her,(BUT NOT AS MANY) but her truck is bigger than mine LOL