My 2008 buck

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by MUDRAT, Dec 2, 2008.

1. Getchasum

Getchasum 10 pointer

Feb 24, 2008
    NKY
    AWESOME deer congrats

2. JSI Kodiak

JSI Kodiak 6 pointer

Dec 11, 2001
    The Bluegrass State
    Did this farm have alot of hunting pressure during gun season? If you don't mind can you give us the details on how you set-up on this deer knowing how he was traveling? Thanks in advance,Jeff.

3. Shelton

Shelton Spike

Jan 17, 2007
    Albany, ky
    Great deer congrats!!!!!!!!!

4. MUDRAT

MUDRAT Fawn

This stand isn't on a farm its way back in the national forest ( very hard to get to ). There is a creek that I have to cross and one time I crossed it and the water was up to my door handles on my truck doors. That alone will stop 90% of the hunters. Then I've still got about fifteen minutes of hard 4wd to go.This stand site is called trihollow because there are three hollows that come up all together and meet at and old house place. All that left is some old chimney rocks but its an open area with old maple trees and pines. The bucks just love to scrape and rub there.There are alot of hard woods all around this area with lots of white, red and chestnut oaks. Also a small stream comes down one hollow that I've never seen dry. The way the land lays most of the deer come from the north or north east. which is perfect. Anyone who has hunted very much can already tell I've got a honey hole which you don't find very often that others don't know about.
    I've hunted this stand for several years and this is the best buck I've seen there. I have seen several in the 130's and a few in the 140's. The last few years I've kept Trophy Rocks there year around and I think Its really helping antler growth and since the does love them to there helping the fawns.
    I talked to my taxidermist and he told me he thought the buck was 5 1/2. As most hunters know that doesn't happen very often in the National forest or any where as far as that goes. I have high hopes for this stand site in the future and as far as I know all the other three mature bucks are still alive and two of them was in the 130's and one was low 140's.

5. Zack Attack

Zack Attack 6 pointer

Oct 20, 2005
    Frankfort Ky
    Great buck. Hard work pays off.

6. kyblackmallard

kyblackmallard 10 pointer

Sep 18, 2006
  7. bowhunter269

bowhunter269 12 pointer

Nov 21, 2006
    Fisherville, KY
    Congrats on an awesome buck. Sounds like you did your homework and were rewarded for the extra effort.

8. NonTyp

NonTyp 12 pointer

Apr 9, 2006
    Horntown
    Congrats on a great buck!

9. Pineridge

Pineridge 6 pointer

Nov 5, 2007
    Awesome bow kill, nothing beats taking a big buck that you have hunted before, not to mention having a trailcam pic to hang on the wall with him.Happy to hear a buck like that was still on his feet in the daylight last week.Congrats!

10. kyarcher

kyarcher Cyber-Hunter

Dec 12, 2001
    Garrard County, Ky
    Great looking buck. Those trail cams make it nice to know that there are still some nice bucks for the next season. :):)

11. RutNBuck

RutNBuck 12 pointer

Dec 10, 2001
    Northern Ky
    Congrats on your deer
    a very good one for sure

12. Gnarly

Gnarly 6 pointer

Nov 12, 2008
    Crossroads to Nowhere,KY
    Great Deer!

Great story! Congratulations :D

More about the Trophy Rock,please.Have heard several mention it.

----Gnarly