Muzzy's

Discussion in 'Archery Equipment' started by hunter115, Oct 20, 2009.

1. gobblergetter

gobblergetter 8 pointer

Apr 21, 2008
    boonville, Indiana
    I retract my previous post-Need help ASAP

I still love the broadhead (100 grn 4 blade) but its not shooting well for me with my new bow. I got a new bow with new carbon arrows with blazer vanes none of which I had ever shot before on my old bow (16 yr old bow aluminum arrows-4 inch vains) I killed a doe at 10 yard and a coyote running at 20 so everything was fine in my mind.

However, i missed my next two shots at a coyote at 34 yards (to the right) and a turkey 30 yds (to the right) I shot my bow again with field tips and it was dead on out to 50 so I found a broadhead target and shot my muzzy's and they were all over the place no groups at all. Some I watched do some wicked googly dives and miss bad and the next time the same arrow/broadhead combo was dead on. I'm a firm beleiver that it is usually the Indian not the bow but my set up with field tips shoots great so I think its the equipment this time.

So to make this post longer-I've decided to shoot a friends expandables to see how they shoot before I switch to expandables. I don't really know what to do. I'm in a hurry with only a few days left in the season to hunt since I start coaching b-ball 6 days a week after my job leavin little to no time to hunt. this is the best two weeks of bow season and my bow set up has gone south in a hurry. Any help would be appreciated. Suggestions?

2. when i shopy them i never had a problem finding blood or with them flying

3. AVENSTOKE

AVENSTOKE 6 pointer

Aug 16, 2007
    LAWRENCEBURG,KY
    They fly great. Sometimes you have to tune your broadheads to the bow.:D

4. gobblergetter

gobblergetter 8 pointer

Apr 21, 2008
    boonville, Indiana
    hard to tune BH's to the bow when they shoot different every time due to wind resistence etc.:rolleyes:-no groups. One time an arrow/bh combo shoots perfect the next it shoots low right and the next high right etc. can't move your pins to that much inconsistency. Trust me I thought it was me till i put the field tips back on and was touching arrow shafts. Put the BH's back on and they won't group within 4-6 inches of each other consistently at 30 yards.