Muzzy's

Discussion in 'Archery Equipment' started by hunter115, Oct 20, 2009.

1. hunter115

hunter115 6 pointer

Aug 16, 2005
    Nelson Co. KY
    Just got a pack of the 100 grain Muzzy 4 blades. They fly like darts out to 50 yards. Only a one inch cut has me a little nervous though. Anyone in here use them and if so, whaat do you thinks of them?

2. deadaim

deadaim 12 pointer

Dec 12, 2001
    Booger Hollar
    Love them and Ive been using them for years they leave a great blood trail and punch a perfect round 1 " hole that pours buckets......

[​IMG]

3. trailwatcher

trailwatcher Fawn

Oct 15, 2009
    Mt.Sterling
    Have used them a long time. Fly great and never had any trouble with them.

4. gobblergetter

gobblergetter 8 pointer

Apr 21, 2008
    boonville, Indiana
    i've used them for several years and love them. Just shot a doe last monday. Made a bad shot and hit her in thr shoulder. The broadhead left a nasty wound broke her shoulder and penetrated her chest cavity. Recovered her in 60 yds. thats pretty good if you ask me

5. WildmanWilson

WildmanWilson 12 pointer

Dec 26, 2004
    Western Ky.
    A lot of guys get caught up with the BIG holes some heads leave. I don't need a broad head to cut a deer in half. I've used 4 blade Muzzys for many years and they are great for me. I get 6 heads for the price of their 3 and they kill as dead as I need them to be.

6. RutNBuck

RutNBuck 12 pointer

Dec 10, 2001
    Northern Ky
    i shoot the 90 grain 4 bladed Muzzy BH and have been very satisfied with the results

7. arshooter

arshooter 10 pointer

Aug 16, 2003
    moreland, ky.
    other than having too tune your bow too them they are fine love my g5 montecs though !

8. muddhunter

muddhunter 12 pointer

Oct 18, 2005
    louisville
    I love the way they shoot and absolutely HATE the bloodtrail. The last three deer I shot with Muzzys were in the heart lung area and I spent hours on hands and knees looking for a deer that went 70 yards or less. I went to NAP Spitfires several years back and loved them. Then money got tight. Switched back to $26.00 for a 6 pack of Muzzys recently and I'm back on my knees looking for blood. So now I'm trying to sharpen old blades on Spitfires. If it works well enough I will never shoot a Muzzy again-except on hogs, coyotes and squirrels.

9. muddhunter

muddhunter 12 pointer

Oct 18, 2005
    louisville
    Hunter I hope you have results like Deadaim. Keep us posted.

10. deadaim

deadaim 12 pointer

Dec 12, 2001
    Booger Hollar
    Are you using the Three or four blade ?...Not that I have had a problem out of the three blade but the four blade seem to have better blood trails....one thing I do is sharpen the Muzzys before I use them even new out of the pack I run the blades thru the sharpener till they shave the hair off your arm....

11. retiredbowhunter

retiredbowhunter 8 pointer

Aug 23, 2006
    I use Muzzy 4-bladed 90gr.

The absolute best broadhead I have ever used. Every broadhead will have its own cult-like following.

Never had an issue of too little blood on the ground if I did my part.

12. muddhunter

muddhunter 12 pointer

Oct 18, 2005
    louisville
    I've used them both Deadaim-most recently the three blade. My problem started with the four blade. It may be coincidence but it also started when I switched to carbon arrows and a much faster Mathews Outback bow several years back. And I have never thought to sharpen them out of the package. May try that even though they seem plenty sharp already...?

13. catsfan

catsfan 6 pointer

Sep 30, 2002
    Lexington, KY.
    I shot a doe Sunday using the 4-blade Muzzy and it did its job perfectly. Looked at the blades after the shot and they were in good condition still. For those reasons, I'm a fan of the Muzzy.

14. HUNTINGMAN

HUNTINGMAN 12 pointer

Nov 7, 2008
    Harrodsburg KY
    I have been shooting the four blade 100grain for a long time now and have never had any problems with them.They fly great and are super reliable,not to mention very,very durable.

15. Go Fast

Go Fast Spike

Nov 11, 2006
    London Ky
    Love them. When I shot compound that is what I used. Now I use magnus with my recurve, don't no how they would shoot with it.