Muzzleloader This Weekend

kybadcat36

8 pointer
Mar 26, 2005
central city ky
Who's going and what tags do you have left? I still have my buck tag. Will be bow hunting Friday and muzzleloader until I take a buck. If not during muzzleloader I will take another doe late bow season.

killer

12 pointer
May 7, 2004
"In that good way!"
I'll be out there Saturday, I have one bonus doe tag left. I have been trying to fill it with my bow the last couple of weekends, but the deer have went noturnal on me. I'm ready to been done so I can run my beagles and shoot some waterfowl.

I'm hoping to film my Dad. He still has his buck tag left. I do too, but I was fortunate to shoot a buck on a quota hunt so hopefully, we'll get Dad on video shooting a nice one. Trail cam pics show most buck activity at night. We'll see. Good luck to all. Chris.

Fat Tony

12 pointer
Oct 10, 2005
Anderson Twp & Goforth School
I'll be out. Need to pick up another bonus tag between now and then. Never used my buck tag this year (sort of...I think...more to follow). When my son got his first deer a few weeks ago, I called it in and I think it got enterd on my license # since I showed up on the telecheck verification list (I need to verify the right way to telecheck youth deer for next year...guess I thought there would be a youth prompt or something). With my son's buck, I was done hunting bucks anyways. I stick to only allowing 2 a year on our place and my friend got one on opening day. Time to do some doe population control.

bub901

6 pointer
Nov 13, 2007
Central Kentucky
Me and my son will be out this weekend. He'll be muzzleloading and has all of his tags.
I will be bow hunting. I've got doe and turkey tags left.
Should be a descent weekend. Highs here (Nelson Co.) will be in the 50's and lows in the 20's and 30's.

Really looking forward to helping my son drag out his first.

Dec 4, 2008
Burlington, KY
I'll be out looking for one more nice doe. I want to get some summer sausage made. Any suggestion for a good processor around Boone, Kenton, Gallatin counties that makes good summer sausage?

The scout'n man

8 pointer
Aug 7, 2008
Pattyville, KY
Well I'll be out their with the old cap and ball! :) I hunt my own lad and have only taken 1 doe so I'm open to two more does and a buck! I know where two big bucks were roaming earlyier on but haven't seen hide nor hair of them since gun season, but I know they weren't shot! Hopefully I can get a long enough look at one to put a lead ball in one of'ms side!

Nov 12, 2008
Hope Not to See a Big One---Frustrating

I will be bow hunting with my orange on. I have already used my buck tag and will be using my last bonus tag on a doe. I guarantee you, I will see a good buck walk into bow range. He will be a good one next year---that's deer hunting.

Latest posts