Music you like that would surprise people?

xbokilla

12 pointer
Jun 28, 2012
joebiden disease got me again... Brian Johnson was The Perfect replacement; they could not have done any better. It was a real Thrill the first time i saw Angus Young.
Maybe the second concert I ever saw was the Beach Boys in the Coliseum at EKU, along about 1967 i think. Awesome group.

I grew up in Madison Co, EKU used to get all sorts of groups. Now that they’ve finished The Center for the Arts they’ve had several big acts there but it’s more public than just college crowd. I saw Boston there in 2016. They got a Beatles tribute group coming next week and Pat Benetar later this summer.

xbokilla

12 pointer
Jun 28, 2012
State universities must have had some dandies. Murray State had a who’s who of 70s rock bands come through. You name one they probably played at Racer Arena. Best I could muster in the 80s was Hank Jr, Rick Springfield, Miami Sound Machine and the Bangles lol.

Memorial Stakes Day at the Red Mile used to have some good concerts and groups.

xbokilla

12 pointer
Jun 28, 2012

First two I thought were just cool jams for late 90s jams. Jane Says has always always been a cool jam. Perry Farrell is weird but flat out kills it with vocals. Yep, that’s Flea on the bass from the Chili Peppers. Coulda done without the band kissing at the end. Remember, the thread was music you like that would surprise people!

Last edited:

Latest posts