mountain lions

Discussion in 'Varmint Hunting' started by lobuthunter, Aug 19, 2011.

1. KYT

KYT 8 pointer

May 3, 2008
    Eastern Ky.
    Wonder how they get the parachute harnesses on a rattlesnake? And are their little chutes OD or black like the choppers? Do they fit them with a special helmet for the drop? Looks like they would have to have a little cup taped over their rattle, too. Wouldn't want That damaged in a rough landing.

2. KYT

KYT 8 pointer

May 3, 2008
    Eastern Ky.
    No, but we've got lots and lots of "artists" reckless with the truth. Knew a guy who complained constantly and bitterly for years about all the (GOBS-hardly take a step without seeing one)) venomous snakes in his favorite hunting area. It FINALLY dawned on me that he was blowing that smoke to keep everyone away from there. IT WORKED.

3. bgkyarcher

bgkyarcher 12 pointer

Aug 23, 2011
    BG
    The brother of a girl I work with got a cat on cam near Pig in Edmonson county last year. He posted the pic on facebook. They got a couple of more as well. They have confirmed multiple sightings in Mammoth Cave over the past few years, and had one confirmed sighting on the outskirts of Bowling Green last year. There have been mountain lions around Mammoth Cave for decades. My dad hunted on Park Ridge road for years, and they saw them multiple times. When they reported the sightings, the rangers just laughed. They even showed the paw prints in the gravel road to a ranger, and he laughed at them. They've been there a long time.

4. strut-n-scrape

strut-n-scrape Spike

Nov 7, 2009
    Shelbyville KY
    i've been hunting park ridge road for 25 years we own and lease a total of 400 acres, never seen anything but bobcats there. there are 12 family members hunting three farms there no big cats seen.