mountain lions

Discussion in 'Varmint Hunting' started by lobuthunter, Aug 19, 2011.

1. 8&sand

8&sand 12 pointer

So does anyone know a taxidermist who does a decent job mounting these beasts?

2. keith meador

keith meador Got the Spotted Fever

I heard Buckfever mounted a couple of 350 pound cougars. Said they weren't anywhere near the record cougar, as he has mounted at least one that eclipsed the 400 pound mark. That Buckfever is quite a man!

3. CSS archer

CSS archer BBBC Members

Dec 13, 2001
    Central KY
    Yes, he has the scars to prove it...

4. Semp

Semp 10 pointer

Feb 4, 2008
    Kaintukee
    Y'all might have heard that wild hogs have been illegally released in the LBL. Well, guess what, mountain lions follow the food source so now LBL has them too.

The Feds won't allow firearms bigger than what's used for the game that's in season. So that means a guy is walking around in the squirrel woods with his trusty .22 while cougars lurk about.

No thanks!! I'm staying home.

5. Rich Cronk

Rich Cronk Fawn

Dec 24, 2010
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Semp,

Does that mean that you must limit your rifle caliber to .22 center fire, or a shotgun with birdshot when you are calling coyotes on the LBL? On the cougar issue----Is the cougar protected in that area? Any open season on them? The cougar is on my most wanted list, and I would love to call one in and kill it. I would love to have a cougar rug. I am real particular though. I won't trap a cougar on purpose, nor hunt one down with dogs. I want to call it in to my gun.

6. 308

308 6 pointer

Sep 9, 2009
    Western KY
    I hear y'alls buddy Obama is plannin on moving to LBL with his family when he gets his arse kicked out of the White House. The feds are movin him in under the cover of darkness. The big cats are going to be his new bodyguards and the armadillos are for ol lady Obamas new low cal diet for them.

7. lobuthunter

lobuthunter 6 pointer

Aug 18, 2011
    north logan
    where is this pic from

8. 8&sand

8&sand 12 pointer

Mammoth Cave, KY ???

9. David Harris

David Harris Fawn

Aug 6, 2011
    All you LBL hunters stay away for your own safety!!! LOL

10. Semp

Semp 10 pointer

Feb 4, 2008
    Kaintukee
    Hey Rich, I sent you a PM.

11. Rich Cronk

Rich Cronk Fawn

Dec 24, 2010
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Semp,

I got your message, and thanks for the warning. I had no idea that Kentucky had such fierce cougars. Maybe they need a few more armadillo's shipped in there.

12. JDMiller

JDMiller 12 pointer

Jun 12, 2005
    " Between the Rivers "
    Well.... despite my personal safety.... I went to LBL on a combination squirrel & coyote / cougar / armadillo hunt Saturday evening.

Managed to kill 4 squirrels ....then on about 7pm....set-up in a good location to do some calling. No results....so I packed up.....headed home.

It was pretty warm & I was as hot as all get out...... so stopped at the store in Aurora for coke. Thats when it happened.... just as I was leavin....there they were. It was a three of'em ...definitely two females....that looked to be travelling with a young male. The females looked to be really mature... lots of battle scars on both. Hair coloring blonde to mostly silver.... real ferocious looking critters...just glad it was getting fairly dark out. So......I jumped back in the truck & hightailed it toward the house.

Ya'll just be carefull.... never know where you might run into one...day or night.

13. philipfleek

philipfleek 12 pointer

Feb 24, 2008
    philville, KY

Don't jump to conclusions. KY fish and game will want hair samples. guess you didnt have the nads to run up and grab some. but i woudn't either, lock your doors and stay safe!

14. possumal

possumal 10 pointer

Jun 21, 2007
    Nicholasville, Ky.
    Its not surprising at all to me that the mighty pussycats have invaded old Kaintucky. Heck, when I was about 13 years old, which was a long, long, long time ago, my brother and a friend of his took me white bass fishing to Herrington Lake. About 2:00 in the morning, with the fish not biting much, and some eyes getting sleepy, they told me about some red tailed wampus kitties that were found in that part of the state. I think they are even more rare than cougars.