Mossberg 835 Ulti-Mag Tactical Turkey Series

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting' started by KnoxCoDeerHunter, Jan 24, 2007.

1. KnoxCoDeerHunter

KnoxCoDeerHunter 6 pointer

Nov 13, 2006
    Knox County
    Has anyone tried out the mossberg 835 ulti-mag tactical turkey series shotgun yet?...Was thinking about buying one, they look awesome and look to carry a big punch. Just wanted to see everyones opinion on this gun...

Description:

We've taken the meaning of "run and gun" to another level, with this new, compact, lightweight, highly specialized turkey hunting machine.

Introducing the new TACTICAL TURKEY™ Hunting Series by Mossberg®. Developed with extensive input from turkey hunting guides and hardcore turkey hunters alike, this new shotgun combines the legendary performance of the 835® Ulti-Mag® with the latest in versatility and features.

At the heart of every TACTICAL TURKEY™ shotgun is the 835® Ulti-Mag® action and barrel, combining the one-two punch of 2-3/4” – 3-1/2” capabilities with a recoil reducing and pattern enhancing 20” overbored barrel. Each vent rib barrel is topped off with fully adjustable fiber optic sights and includes the devastating X-FACTOR™ ported turkey choke tube to get the job done. And, to make this shotgun truly tactical, its high-tech pistol grip-style polymer stock provides a comfortable, positive grip and features six adjustment settings, allowing the shooter to adjust from 10 3/4” to 14 5/8” length of pull! Factory installed stock drop spacers, 5-round side-saddle, handy nylon forearm strap and a full length sling round out the features.

FEATURES:

Available in 20" barrel length
    Positive steel-to-steel lock-up
    Ulti-Full™ choke
    Windage and elevation adjustable fiber optic sights on all turkey models
    Ambidextrous, ultra-quiet thumb-operated safety
    Hi-Definition camo patterns
    Receivers drilled and tapped for scope base attachment
    Includes a free gun lock

SPECIFICATIONS:

835® Ulti-Mag® Tactical Turkey™ Hunting SeriesTYPEITEMGA.CHMBRDESC.CAP.BBL LGTHSIGHTSCHOKESLGTH (in.)LOP (in.)DAC (in.)DAH (in.)FINISHSTOCKWT. (lbs.)MSRP. Order Online835® ULTI-MAG® PUMP-ACTION - TACTICAL TURKEY™ SERIES[​IMG] TURKEY63100123 1/2"ADJ STOCK/ OVERBORED BARREL620" VRADJ FOX-FACTOR PORTED38 1/2"10 3/4" - 14 5/8"1 11/16"1 7/8"RT HARDWOODS HD GREENSYNTHETIC7 3/4 LBS$577.00[​IMG][​IMG] TURKEY63105123 1/2"ADJ STOCK/ OVERBORED BARREL620" VRADJ FOX-FACTOR PORTED38 1/2"10 3/4" - 14 5/8"1 11/16"1 7/8"MO NEW BREAK-UP
    MO NEW BREAK-UPSYNTHETIC7 3/4 LBS$577.00[​IMG]
    [​IMG] = New. IMPORTANT NOTES: CAP: Capacity - includes one in chamber. (Pending ammunition tolerance variations, total capacity may be reduced by one additional round. OVERBRD: Overbored Barrel. VR: Vent Rib. FO: Fiber Optic Sights. SYN: Synthetic Stock & Forearm. LOP: Length Of Pull. DAC: Drop At Comb. DAH: Drop At Heel. RT: Advantage and Max-4 Are Registered Trademarks Of Spartan Realtree Products, Inc. All models include a free gun lock.

2. scratch

scratch 10 pointer

Jan 18, 2006
    hancock co
    good looking gun...I really like a short gun and the pistol grips...bought my son itchy the 835 thumb hole version,its nice also but the triger pull is awfull

3. maxcam

maxcam 12 pointer

Mar 29, 2005
    Ild say itll shoot...Its back bored and the old 835's will hunt......As long as it doesnt shake rattle and roll while you are sneakin in the woods Ild say it might be alright......

4. Quickdraw Limpsalot

Quickdraw Limpsalot 12 pointer

Sep 16, 2005
    Larue Co.
    I really like my (older version) 835. I use it occaisionally for other game too with a mod. choke and it does very well. I never understood all the hooplah over the forend rattle... I think folks just focus too much on little things like that and not enough on learning to hunt well.

I've heard only good things about the new 835's.. they're lighter, slimmer, and better looking than my old one, so I'm sure they're a fine turkey blaster.

5. KnoxCoDeerHunter

KnoxCoDeerHunter 6 pointer

Nov 13, 2006
    Knox County
    Okay sounds good, thanks alot guys

6. Boone Dock's

Boone Dock's 6 pointer

Jul 25, 2006
    Lincoln County
    has anyone got one of these yet? im interested and was wondering how it turned out.

7. Boone Dock's

Boone Dock's 6 pointer

Jul 25, 2006
    Lincoln County
    i have been debating on one of these or the remington version 870 i know the mossberg looks better but im jsut thinkin that the 870 will be more reliable.

8. WKYHNTR

WKYHNTR 8 pointer

Oct 17, 2004
    Muhlenberg
    I recently bought one at Uncle Less's in Greenville ky, it was only $419 (new mossy oak breakup) and I put a bushnell shotgun scope on it (also breakup). It looks like an assault weapon, haven't shot it yet but I'm waiting till it warms up. I used to have a regular 835 24'' barrell and I would drop turkeys at 60 yards using a rhino choke w/ nitro heavy shot. I'm sure this gun will perform just as good. I'm just worried about the recoil!!! I'll post a pic of it sometime.

9. Joe Bryan

Joe Bryan 8 pointer

Jul 4, 2006
    Nelson County
    I've got the mossberg 500 woodland camo gun and wouldn't trade it for any other gun out there. I had the forcing cone removed and the trigger cleaned up. It is by far the best shooting gun I've shot. Guy's I hunt with use the 835's and this gun will out shoot them. I use the federal flight control #5's and they are devastating!

10. globemountain

globemountain 6 pointer

Mar 28, 2005
    I have an 835 synthetic with that I have had about 8 years. Today I bought a new 835 Grand Slam with a 20" barrel. I can tell a big difference in the quality, fit, and finish of the new Grand Slam. It is definitely an improvement over my older 835.