Mommas Going!

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by OldDog, Nov 9, 2005.

1. OldDog

OldDog Spike

Oct 4, 2004
    Ky Dam.
    My wife is going to deer camp till Sunday! I am really glad she is going! It will be fun! BUT:

I have the camper on truck, tag, gun, shells, knife, bologna. READY TO GO!

BUT she has:

clean sheets, new curtains, new carpet, closet full of clothes, steaks, grill, lots of "blue stuff" for potty, dish detergent, dvd's, satellite radio, electric heat, electric coffee pot, her pistol and the golf cart on trailer.

We will have a good time if I get her loaded before Friday!

I'm safe she can't hit anything!

No "field dressing while she's looking!"

2. aceoky

aceoky 12 pointer

Jul 14, 2003
    W KY
    That's Great!!

The ONLY thing better than hunting with my wife is hunting with my two boys(daughter..-oldest never "got into it")... and even then it's close!! She is an awesome shot especially with her Encore 7mm-08!

You should have a great time, hope she's into it, trust me, you'll be glad if she is! :)

3. leggyarcher

leggyarcher 10 pointer

Apr 27, 2005
    South Eastern KY
    I wish you both good luck...You never know, she may kill a monster this weekend. :)

4. aceoky

aceoky 12 pointer

Jul 14, 2003
    W KY
    *I* wouldn't be a bit surprised if she does! :D

5. FugateHunts

FugateHunts Fawn

Nov 26, 2004
    Louisville, KY
    is this her first time going.. if so how did you convince her. i would love to talk mine into going or at least come and camp the weekend.

6. OldDog

OldDog Spike

Oct 4, 2004
    Ky Dam.
    She's not hunting!

I said "want to go?"

the rest will be history.

she's never even shot at me!

7. aceoky

aceoky 12 pointer

Jul 14, 2003
    W KY
    Not hunting this year, but as you know this can be addictive, watch out next year! Once she sees "what it's all about" you just never know.....

FugateHunts; Tell her what you just told us! Let her know how important it is to you! Wives are usually supportive and often care about what we care about and are ALWAYS smarter than we give 'em credit to be... :D

8. raktrakr

raktrakr Cyber-Hunter

Jan 20, 2002
    central ky
    mine's different, I cant get her to deer hunt, but she will turkey hunt. Go figure

9. leggyarcher

leggyarcher 10 pointer

Apr 27, 2005
    South Eastern KY
    I agree with Ace...I am sure that your wife would at least give it a try for your sake. She may surprise you and actually go as far as sitting in the tree stand with you. She may request that you do something with her as well. I am sure that you wouldn't mind doing whatever she asks as long as she indulges you and participates in hunting or camping. Have fun and be safe. :)

10. plowboy

plowboy 10 pointer

I would love it if my wife would go with me. She will go scouting but draws the line at sitting in a tree or blind. If she did agree though it would probably be worse than Oledog says, don't know if my trailer would hold everything that she would "NEED" .:p

11. Pooge

Pooge Cyber-Hunter

Oct 7, 2002
    Louisville, KY, USA.
    I am going to throw a wrench in the gears here. Please keep in mind that these are my own thoughts on the matter and are not in any way meant to criticize anothers feelings or desires (KY Hunting Disclaimer). I do in fact love it when my wife goes to deer camp (on occasion) and I was very excited the first time. The only thing is that was my only time during the year (3 whole days) to just hang out with the guys, fart, tell dirty jokes, eat from a pot of beans that started friday evening and as a scoop was taken from the pot something, lord knows what, was added back in. By Sunday evening, we had the gnarliest pot of beans on the planet but I guarantee nothing tasted better.

I am glad she goes on other weekends (opening gun weekend is the only "tradition" weekend I am referring to above) but I am even more glad that she allows me the time to be "on my own" just as she has her time with the ladies. She does not hunt and thats fine. I dont "scrapbook" and play bunco.

12. leggyarcher

leggyarcher 10 pointer

Apr 27, 2005
    South Eastern KY
    Instead of asking your wives to go on opening weekend, just suggest another time. That way, the guys can have their "traditional" guy weekend and do whatever they need to do and later on, the husband & wife can have time together. This will also give the guys an extra bonus by getting more time in the woods. A lot will be said even if the guys just asks the wife to go...We remember small things like that. :)

13. patiodaddy

patiodaddy 10 pointer

Never again!

I took my wife when we got married 20 years ago and she has never even ask to go again. It was too cold, she got bored after 10 minutes of sitting in the stand, she doesn't eat Spam, where is the bathroom, I am NOT going to poop in the woods!:rolleyes: I agree w/Pooge, it is a guys time together, I hunt with my brother and always have, I would not trade it for anything in the world. She has never ask to go again and has never complained when the season comes.

It's all good!:D

Fire on em'!

14. Pooge

Pooge Cyber-Hunter

Oct 7, 2002
    Louisville, KY, USA.
    She does go on other weekends and we have a great time... I guess the point I was trying to make is that it is important for both to have quality time apart and to maintain traditions. She knows when I need time to myself. As do I when she needs it....

15. leggyarcher

leggyarcher 10 pointer

Apr 27, 2005
    South Eastern KY
    That sounds like the story that Bill Engvall told on the "Blue Collar Comedy Tour" :D ... At least she went with you once. Did you kill anything during that weekend?

What if you are a female who enjoys hunting, but your husband/boyfriend frowns at the idea? How would you all suggest getting him interested in hunting?