Moment of weakness.

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by kyhunter99, Oct 13, 2019.

1. 1wildcatfan

1wildcatfan 12 pointer

Jan 2, 2009
    raised n Bullitt Co.
    legal, go for it. You shoot your meat buck, I'll shoot my does and fawns for meat.

OLE RASPY likes this.
  2. WildmanWilson

WildmanWilson 12 pointer

Dec 26, 2004
    Western Ky.
    I’m not so sure about that.

1wildcatfan likes this.
  3. deerhunter24

deerhunter24 Fawn

Mar 4, 2009
    Bracken County
    Finally someone that smart and not brainwashed I would love to shake your hand you aren't like the idiots. It's not just me I talked to others on adjoining farms and other people at the clubs I belong to they have seen some of the same issues also it not just on one farm i hunt a couple of farms and the farms aren't close. Also another county I seen the deer numbers going down. But you cant tell the fish and wildlife anything us hunters don't know anything. They don't care or won't listen to use I even tried to get the biologist to come out they don't care. We need to do like a hip survey like we do for the dove and ducks and do it about the deer I always keep info every year and offered it to the fish and wildlife and told them there a group that would like to talk to them they wouldn't give us the time if day. But thank you for being smart and understanding not like these other idiot's lol

Last edited: Oct 15, 2019
  4. deerhunter24

deerhunter24 Fawn

Mar 4, 2009
    Bracken County
    I would love to buy you a steak dinner

5. 1wildcatfan

1wildcatfan 12 pointer

Jan 2, 2009
    raised n Bullitt Co.
    Before or after u shake her head?

6. deerhunter24

deerhunter24 Fawn

Mar 4, 2009
    Bracken County
    It's ✋ hand

7. bgkyarcher

bgkyarcher 12 pointer

Aug 23, 2011
    BG
    When did Forest Gump join the forum?

8. bgkyarcher

bgkyarcher 12 pointer

Aug 23, 2011
    BG
    You should not be allowed to have a firearm.

9. bstickin1

bstickin1 6 pointer

Jul 1, 2005
    Rocky Hill, Kentucky
    I think I'm starting to see where your're coming from now as I've experienced the same thing. It's probably hard for a lot of people to believe but I and all the guys I know around here that's been hunting long enough all agree we seen more deer back when we couldn't kill a doe with a bow. Flash forward some years and it got so bad I almost stopped hunting because of not seeing any deer. I used to see probably at least 15 road killed deer a year and now I haven't seen 10 all together in the last 10 years. Last year they changed the county I live in back to a zone 3 from a zone 2 that had been that way for years and I thought... FINALLY!!! kdfw has realized we have a problem but then I seen we had the same number of gun days as we had been having as a zone 2 but at least less legal numbers of does could be killed with a gun. Somehow, miraculously with even less limits of does allowed to be killed and supposedly declining numbers of hunters we harvested more deer than had ever been killed by almost 300. Something smells like fish to me. And of course we're right back to zone 2 this year. So that's definitely one thing I have to agree with you on, everyone I know that's been hunting long enough thinks kdfw is a joke. Of course there's deer in places now where there wasn't any 30 years ago but there's some places where there was deer out the ass 30 years ago that aint no where close to being that way now. I had a local biologist tell me several years ago that he didn't think coyotes killed very many deer. If he actually believed that I'm not too sure how good of an education they really do get. But hey man, things aren't bad everywhere so you shouldn't be calling people dumb or idiots because of what they choose to kill... it just makes you look dumb or like an idiot. You've recognized there's a problem where you hunt and the only thing you can do is what you can do by not killing does and fawns. It takes an idiot to think there's no problems anywhere but it takes an even bigger idiot to think the whole state has a problem.

carnivore and hoene like this.
  10. barney

barney 12 pointer

Oct 11, 2005
    In two years the governors of our bordering states would be campaigning on building a wall to keep our deer from crossing the border.

11. WildmanWilson

WildmanWilson 12 pointer

Dec 26, 2004
    Western Ky.
    You can understand that the system isn’t set up for individual farms right? Biologists can’t manage individual farms. Can you explain why the herd continues to grow state wide overall? I hear you tell us how stupid the department and biologist are but what’s your ideal plan for maintaining a healthy heard all the while keeping the population from exploding. Since you have all the answers please enlighten us. I’m still interested in knowing what great things Ohio does as well.

12. hunt

hunt 6 pointer

Sep 29, 2015
    The Berg
    This thread is great,lol.....almost as good as the mountain lion.....

Feedman likes this.
  13. WildmanWilson

WildmanWilson 12 pointer

Dec 26, 2004
    Western Ky.
    The rut is getting close. It’s got the hormones kicking in.

hunt likes this.
  14. bgkyarcher

bgkyarcher 12 pointer

Aug 23, 2011
    BG
    I sure hope you are sterile. That family tree probably has few branches, so you probably are.

Feedman and hunt like this.
  15. bstickin1

bstickin1 6 pointer

Jul 1, 2005
    Rocky Hill, Kentucky
    It's nothing to do with individual farms. Did you not read where I said EVERYONE agrees that's been hunting long enough? Which should mean to you of course we don't all hunt the same farm. Most of us hunts not only different farms but in different counties too. And if you can read I didn't say anything about the herd not growing in probably most places in the state. What would be your explanation for any county all of a sudden killing more deer than has ever been killed with less legal limits and less hunters? Mine would be they're lying sob's. What's your explanation for seeing far less road killed deer? Maybe the deer has got smarter?? Mine would be less deer to be road killed. I have no doubt if they would get off their ass and get in the woods they would know where problem areas are and could solve the problem by making different areas in different counties different zones but of course if they did that they might actually earn a little of the money they get paid. Like I said it would take an idiot to think there's no places in KY with problems but it would take an even bigger idiot to think the whole state has a problem. Do you fit into either of these categories? BTW, just curious... what's your thoughts on mtn. lions being in KY. What's your thoughts on coyotes killing deer? You'll have to ask someone else about Ohio, I haven't said anything about them either.