Modern Firearm opening weekend thread

JDMiller

12 pointer
Jun 12, 2005
" Between the Rivers "
Boys I’ve been following this site all day...just waiting for the carnage to begin. Finally .... we got one new thread from a “fawn” that’s killed a good one.

What the crap... y’all going to take that .... there’s seasoned veterans here with booners on the wall. There should be deer flopping everywhere going into this second half of opening day. It’s disappointing.... almost as bad as the Duke game... well maybe not that bad. But we got to get our heads right and focus.

Which I know it’s cold and the wind is blowing ..... but we got to put that somewhere else. We’re deerhunters here and this ain’t a tv hunting show. Y’all need to loosen up ... quit trying too hard and let the game come to you... literally.

Let’s go into this second half and let some air out of some deer. We’re counting on you... we got a reputation to uphold. Y’all can do this!!

Win one for the Buckmaster!!!

jim rifanburg

6 pointer
Jul 27, 2016
Couldn’t figure out why I wasn’t seeming deer - two dogs just came down hedge to my down draw where deer should come then one just opened and started running off to my left to say I’m pissed be an understatement

xbokilla

12 pointer
Jun 28, 2012
Just now chiming in. Forgot my phone this morning! Back at it in Scott. I only saw a spike but one guy in our crew killed a nice 10 at 8:45 this morning. I nearly froze on a ridge stand this morning. Seems less windy and nicer this PM! Good luck y’all!

camclo01

6 pointer
Oct 11, 2010
louisville, KY
I hope to see on here that one of you kills a big one tonight. I will be in the woods starting Monday but at the moment I am getting ready to leave Hawaii headed home from a work trip.

The sad part is I have been here all week just itching to get back home and in the woods Lol wife thinks my priorities are messed up....

aaronc

12 pointer
Jul 21, 2009
Leitchfield
I hope to see on here that one of you kills a big one tonight. I will be in the woods starting Monday but at the moment I am getting ready to leave Hawaii headed home from a work trip.

The sad part is I have been here all week just itching to get back home and in the woods Lol wife thinks my priorities are messed up....

Nope,..,, it's her.

Velvet ears

8 pointer
Nov 6, 2013
West KY
Saw 3 2.5 year old bucks crossing the field at daylight. Back in for the afternoon and just saw 2 does. Buddy shot a 130" 10 pt 600 yards away just a few minutes ago. Said it just finished breeding a doe