Modern Firearm opening weekend thread

Nov 5, 2017
Shepherdsville
First half over! But just gonna stay for 2nd. Went from unbelievable action last 2 days to unbelievably only seen 2 small slicks so far 30 minutes ago!! Gotta get up n move sometime! Once they do should b good

T-wil69

10 pointer
Jan 16, 2015
Took my oldest girl this morning she froze out by 7:30 saw a 4 pointer, wife went and seen a shooter through the woods at 7 and two smaller bucks at 8, at 9 me and my wife slipped into a known bedding area and this guy stood up at 40 yards and started walking, he never looked at us, he got a pass

littlebear

12 pointer
Aug 21, 2007
the woods
I ran those deer tenderloins through an egg wash... and laid them trough flour twice to get a thick coating on them.

I had fried a small pack of bacon as my wife is not too keen on deer and used a little of the grease to make some milk gravy. Which I smothered the fried tenderloins .. along with biscuits that had some strawberry preserves on them.

Eggs over easy & hash browns to go with it.... it was terrible man.. just plumb awful... had to force it down.
All I can say is slim Jim and a box of raisins here for me

nateb440

8 pointer
Nov 8, 2011
Took the two oldest boys out. Got in before dawn. Saw a little spike and had a whole flock of hens work through right under the stand two of us were in. But the woods was quiet. My oldest got cold feet and ended up wanting to head in. On the drive out we saw a nice 10 in the middle of the road. I told him “see we should have stayed!” They had fun nevertheless. Good luck to all.

minixjt

Spike
Jul 10, 2018
Paintsville, KY
Back in stand after obligatory coffee break and food. Still windy. Said on my weather app 5mph winds. My tree has been swaying. Hate to see if they stated the winds are like 20mph on my phone lol

littlebear

12 pointer
Aug 21, 2007
the woods
Wish this wind would calm. 3 bucks 3 does so far. Celluar cam on otherside of farm is showing bucks and does hitting cornpile hard all morning.

littlebear

12 pointer
Aug 21, 2007
the woods
Wish this wind would calm. 3 bucks 3 does so far. Celluar cam on otherside of farm is showing bucks and does hitting cornpile hard all morning.

Mainbeam

12 pointer
Jul 7, 2012
We stilll got a shooter bedded in front of us. Hasnt stood up for a hour. My pops is in a saddle at the metcalfe county farm and he just texted me and said the 24th deer of the morning just walked past him lmao. That saddle is a little hot i said pops there prolly the same deer you seeing over and over he said well by god they might be but thereall goin the same direction so they must be makin a circle bahahahahah gotta love old timers

Latest posts