Modern Firearm opening weekend thread

littlebear

12 pointer
Aug 21, 2007
the woods
Lots of leaves falling. Small 6pt just eased up ridge. Sure wish jdmiller had not posted pic of his breakfast. Made big guy like me hungry.

ky.longbeard

10 pointer
May 15, 2010
Got up a little before 8am.... peaked out the window.... looks like it’s a little chilly out there this morning.

Made my way to the kitchen ..... whooped up a little breakfast for us and going to settle in for a little football after while.

Just know I’m thinking of y’all ... good luck, be safe and don’t get too cold today.

View attachment 64625
You dirty dog .....!

JDMiller

12 pointer
Jun 12, 2005
" Between the Rivers "
Lots of leaves falling. Small 6pt just eased up ridge. Sure wish jdmiller had not posted pic of his breakfast. Made big guy like me hungry.

I ran those deer tenderloins through an egg wash... and laid them trough flour twice to get a thick coating on them.

I had fried a small pack of bacon as my wife is not too keen on deer and used a little of the grease to make some milk gravy. Which I smothered the fried tenderloins .. along with biscuits that had some strawberry preserves on them.

Eggs over easy & hash browns to go with it.... it was terrible man.. just plumb awful... had to force it down.

ky.longbeard

10 pointer
May 15, 2010
I ran those deer tenderloins through an egg wash... and laid them trough flour twice to get a thick coating on them.

I had fried a small pack of bacon as my wife is not too keen on deer and used a little of the grease to make some milk gravy. Which I smothered the fried tenderloins .. along with biscuits that had some strawberry preserves on them.

Eggs over easy & hash browns to go with it.... it was terrible man.. just plumb awful... had to force it down.
Take back what I said about you JD....You a double dirty dog !

jim rifanburg

6 pointer
Jul 27, 2016
Got up a little before 8am.... peaked out the window.... looks like it’s a little chilly out there this morning.

Made my way to the kitchen ..... whooped up a little breakfast for us and going to settle in for a little football after while.

Just know I’m thinking of y’all ... good luck, be safe and don’t get too cold today.

View attachment 64625
That’s just wrong - I just ate my breakfast a pop tart and a candy bar

Iceman35

12 pointer
Oct 27, 2008
Boone County
First half of the morning resulted in 3 does that we passed about 8:30. Heard a few shots but not many and none after 10 am. Guys on the property next door drove their vehicle in at first light, and back out at 10. Hoping they would have jumped something but nothing.

ribsplitter

Cyber-Hunter
Jan 19, 2004
Greenup, ky, USA.
First deer I've seen just now a small for by herself just strolling along. Nothing in tote unfortunately. But it's good news there is a living creature on my property.

Martybthree

6 pointer
Aug 7, 2013
Only deer I saw today were when I was walking in and walking out. Couple does I jumped bedded down. I haven’t heard a shot in hours

hotdog

8 pointer
Nov 23, 2005
Pike Co.,Ky
I haven’t seen anything all morning. Just about ready to pack up and get off top of this windy mountain. May try it down low in the hollow this evening.

Latest posts