Modern Firearm opening weekend thread

T-wil69

10 pointer
Jan 16, 2015
Had a doe with two fawns walk out followed by two small bucks had them chase the doe around grunting and stop at 30 yards and fight, my daughter loved it

bird whisperer

12 pointer
Aug 16, 2012
Hog Town USA
CB4DCCFC-CF81-4CF0-A3C6-FFAA6D723DBA.jpeg
Sun has the frost on my melting now its raining in here. Worst part deer be vanished. Im in it for the long haul today, may get out mid day for about 15 min to change cam cards aound this spot.

riverboss

12 pointer
Jan 26, 2009
northern ky
I knew it would happen. I tag my buck in September and see a bigger one now. Had him 30 yards with a bow two days ago and 30 yards with a gun this morning. Big 8 with a bunch of stickers and probably 20 inches wide. Sad feeling to watch him walk away.
I'm in the same boat! I got a guy I work with that told me if you see a big one knock him down and I will tag it!
There's no way in hell i would ever break a game law and loose my hunting rights. But there are alot of people out there that will. I commend you sir! we have the same values.

BubEastKY

8 pointer
Sep 16, 2016
Let me preach just a second. You boys having a bad day only seeing 5-6 does are blessed. Don’t take it for granted

It sure ain’t like that here in the southeast... took my wife out this evening and saw one lone doe. Felt great though because that’s the first deer I’ve saw all weekend!

HuntinPreacher

6 pointer
Nov 20, 2006
Opening morning and got sick while sitting in the blind. I saw 5 deer before 7:30. A spike, 3 doe and a 9 pt. I passed on the 9 pt waiting on the bigun, after he left the field I got rid of my breakfast out the blind window and heard my son shoot in the next field over. He harvested his first buck, and the 9 pointer was down.
hunters buck.jpg

littlebear

12 pointer
Aug 21, 2007
the woods
Opening morning and got sick while sitting in the blind. I saw 5 deer before 7:30. A spike, 3 doe and a 9 pt. I passed on the 9 pt waiting on the bigun, after he left the field I got rid of my breakfast out the blind window and heard my son shoot in the next field over. He harvested his first buck, and the 9 pointer was down. View attachment 64770
Congrats to your son