Model 7400 30-06 auto

Discussion in 'Modern Firearms' started by gobblergetter, Dec 10, 2009.

1. gobblergetter

gobblergetter 8 pointer

Apr 21, 2008
    boonville, Indiana
    I don't know if this thread will be deleted or not but I have a question for you guys. I bought this gun while I was living in Ky and have shot maybe 30 rounds through it. I have a 3x9x40 burris scope on it. I now moved back to Indiana (can't rifle hunt), sold our family farm and haven't hunted Ky for 2 years. I thought about trading for an Encore muzzleloader since I don't own a muzzel loader and buying a rifle barrel for the encore if I ever chose to rifle hunt Ky or out west again.

Question: How much should I expect to get out of this gun? it is wood stocked blue barrel (no rust)

Question: Does this sound like a good idea? Or do you think I would be losing money on a deal like that?

2. snafumonkey

snafumonkey Spike

Sep 27, 2009
    Trigg
    I think u should do what makes u happy, a rifle collecting dust is a waste to me

3. weedwalker

weedwalker 10 pointer

Nov 27, 2006
    London,Ky
    I think you should keep it and buy the other barrel too. You can't ever have too many guns.:D

4. Kygun

Kygun 6 pointer

Oct 20, 2002
    Richmond, KY, USA.
    go to gunbroker.com and check out what they are selling for in the completed auctions.

5. pedigo

pedigo 6 pointer

Aug 20, 2002
    munfordville, ky, USA.
    My dad sold his 7400 for $400 or so couple days ago. I gave $275 for mine 2 yrs. ago. Hope that gives you a range.