Menifee County Hunting

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by superrman77, Dec 12, 2014.

1. superrman77

superrman77 6 pointer

Feb 2, 2004
    Guys I haven't got t get out much this year but was looking at the hunting zones and saw that Menifee county is now a zone 4. What is going on and how has the hunting been this year?

2. superrman77

superrman77 6 pointer

Feb 2, 2004
    Anybody hunting this county or the surrounding counties?

3. kywallace69

kywallace69 12 pointer

Aug 18, 2008
    Zone 1
    I hunt in Morgan and been in rowen. Mornings are good until about 10:00. Late day movement with temps not as cold after 5:00. Been putting corn out. That for sure gets them on there feet. Seen 14 Friday evening but my gun misfired. Going to take a late season doe, but o'well.

4. jayder85

jayder85 10 pointer

Deer numbers just aren't what they were several years ago. At one time, I would hunt Menifee over anywhere else. But FW switched that zone way too early when they allowed the firearms doe harvest. Now it has come back to bite us.

5. superrman77

superrman77 6 pointer

Feb 2, 2004
    Thanks for the update guys. How was the hunting around the lake this year?

6. drc

drc 8 pointer

Jan 13, 2011
    bath co. ky.
    That is it exactly our farm is in Bath co. but our back property line is also the county line and the numbers are way down from a few years ago. I look for Bath co to change zones in the near future. Another thing that hasn't helped is the omish have bought up everything they can near the Bath and Menifee county line. The turkey have all but disappeared in this part of the county.

7. Ezelkyhunter

Ezelkyhunter 8 pointer

Nov 28, 2013
    I hunt Morgan county real close to Menifee county line and drive a ton looking for deer etc. The numbers are a fraction of what they used to be. Especially at cave run. I hunted and fished there growing up and still do. I personally believe numbers are down over 50%. Turkey numbers down even more. I used to see deer every time I fished cave run and always saw deer driving to and from there. Now it's a rare site.

8. Jman

Jman 10 pointer

Feb 14, 2003
    Jayder85 is rignt. The deer just aren't there anymore. Went way to liberal on doe harvest with guns a long time ago. I'm glad to see the change to Zone 4. I hope it brings it back to what it used to be.