Maybe it's this......

Discussion in 'Politics' started by reivertom, Jan 17, 2021.

1. HuntressOfLight

HuntressOfLight 12 pointer

Nov 23, 2019
    Guarding my lovely bluebirds
    I spent the past hour attempting to become a bit more informed, regarding the Capitol incident and all relevant since then; quite a daunting task, trying to play catch-up, with all moving so quickly. It seems that agitators came from all walks and both sides of the aisle. That does rather resemble the Civil War, although history attempts to paint such differently, just as now.

They mentioned finding two pipe bombs, that I am aware, but I would not be surprised if more were found and simply not made public, for the sake of security. Troops have been sweeping for additional explosives and will likely continue to do so. This is a recent article with more details regarding security:

Insider attack feared days before Biden’s inauguration, service members in DC vetted by FBI
    The Secret Service is in charge of security of Biden's inauguration
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/in...uguration-service-members-in-dc-vetted-by-fbi

2. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    Now is that to keep people in...or out?

00noturkey, barney and KYote-Krusher like this.
  3. 1wildcatfan

1wildcatfan 12 pointer

Jan 2, 2009
    raised n Bullitt Co.
    Gotta travel around DC today. A lot of road closures, travel sucks worse than normal. Temporarily: Some airlines not serving alcohol on flights to the DC area. Some airlines not accepting firearms in checked baggage to the DC area. 3 airports service the area; Dulles, BWI, Reagan National.

4. Feedman

Feedman Cyber-Hunter

May 28, 2003
    In the basement
    My son is flying out of Boston this morning coming back to Lexington. I told him to get to the airport plenty early.

KYote-Krusher likes this.
  5. slobear

slobear 12 pointer

Nov 20, 2014
    Trump town, USA
    I won’t try and debate the intentions of the mother/son duo. I will call out a huge issue though. While the anarchist who openly threatened to burn it down and made threats against a sitting President sits at home on twitter, these two have been charged with violently entering Capitol.

The problem with that? You can go watch Charlie Kirks video on “setting the record straight” I think. Skip to 1hr 35min and watch the doors of Capitol open up and mom and son waltz by guards without even a word. I agree they shouldn’t have entered and they should be held accountable for entering and Ill ideas, but damn, they didn’t exactly crawl through a broken window.

You can compare picture from fake fox news of them walking up steps and then recognize them instantly from Kirk’s video.

KYote-Krusher likes this.
  6. Feedman

Feedman Cyber-Hunter

May 28, 2003
    In the basement
    Did nt Madonna say she had been thinking of blowing up the White House.

raidergson and barney like this.
  7. barney

barney 12 pointer

Oct 11, 2005
    I'm pretty sure prison yards have razor wire on the inside.

8. baknblack

baknblack 10 pointer

Jan 30, 2014
    Henry County
    It's like everything else that happens on a national scale. The public never gets the truth.

Dark Cloud, barney and KYote-Krusher like this.
  9. ptbrauch

ptbrauch 12 pointer

Nov 10, 2004
    The OC
    What's that tell you when a gov't supposedly of the people, by the people, and for the people, fears the people?

If you haven't realized it yet, we're no longer a republic, we're an oligarchy.

10. reivertom

reivertom 12 pointer

Dec 17, 2007
    Greenup Co.
    If over the 200,000 Trump folks were there to tear up the Capitol , they wouldn't have to make stuff up in the news. It would be a smouldering hulk about now.

00noturkey, riverboss and baknblack like this.
  11. PUBLIC RAT

PUBLIC RAT 10 pointer

Feb 18, 2014
    Saw a video clip on Tucker Carlson tonight. Don't know where he got it or who filmed it. It showed horn guy walking thru doors of I think the house of reps. He walks in by himself casually talking to the people in the room,maybe 4 or 5 people and 1 of them was a armed cop. It looked like a bs session at Floyd the barbers shop. No violence, no screaming. Very odd.

12. bowhunter269

bowhunter269 12 pointer

Nov 21, 2006
    Fisherville, KY
    I think it's evident to most that the politicians were all tucked away in a safe location long before they opened the doors for the protestors.

barney and EdLongshanks like this.
  13. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    I don’t think they fear us. They are pushing a narrative that they think justifies their incremental increases towards totalitarianism

14. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    Yes this is just faux “outrage” to ultimately imprison and or kill their political enemies

JR in KY and barney like this.
  15. carnivore

carnivore 12 pointer

Nov 17, 2007
    Ky
    There are hidden secure Underground tunnels to safe locations.
    With that said they sure took the situation much more serious then they did when business owners and homeowners across the country had to deal with the same type of mobs destroying their homes and businesses. The couple in St. Louis come to mind (they didn’t have an underground Escape tunnel), they owned their home and did their best to defend it. And they get charged for a crime! It’s clear to me our representatives aren’t representing the people they represent themselves and care for nothing except gaining power and wealth.

EdLongshanks likes this.