Marion, Ky

canemaker

6 pointer
Dec 3, 2007
Lemhi, Idaho
Can anyone on here tell me about Marion, Ky. (I know, it's an open question) Just likes and dislikes...Hunting ect....

I am/might move there soon...

The actual location is Mt. Zion church rd. area.

Thanks

Marion, KY (Crittenden County) I was born and raised there.

Likes: Small town life. Only 2 stoplights in the entire county. Good school system. Can be at the lakes in just over 30 minutes. Strong sense of community. Thriving Amish community. Lots of good hunting. I believe Crittenden county has the highest population of deer in the state. Good turkey numbers. Small game has suffered in years past but is making a comeback. Lots of farmland.

Dislikes: Closest WalMart is over 30 minutes away. (Madisonville, Princeton, or Morganfield). Not much to do entertainment wise, i.e no movie theater, bowling alley, skating rink, etc.

Im am not entirely sure where Mt. Zion Church rd is located so Im not able to provide specifics about that location. Let me know if you have any questions and I will be happy to provide you with answers

maxcam

12 pointer
Mar 29, 2005
Damn good deer and turkey hunting......... Poaching was a big problem when I was down there doing a lot of hunting........ A lot of kids run the roads at night spotlighting deer and shoot them for fun.....
The folks there are friendly and there is sporting good store, hardware, several fast food joints........

All in all its a pretty nice small town in my opinion. Biggest deer I have ever seen on the hoof was on Hwy 297 just past Siloem Road...... I still have nightmares about that buck......

gobbl4me

10 pointer
Apr 10, 2005
Lyon Co.
I was born and raised in Crittenden County and went to school there. The schools are alright lots of good teachers there. The job market is pretty much non-existent in marion. A couple of small manufacturing plants. The hunting is great, but if you want to fish you have to drive a bit. Marion does have a decent city park with baseball fields and soccer fields, basketball courts,skate park and a great walking trail.
Lots of small towns with pops of less than 100 ppl in the county and there is always the amish community for homemade stuff. I would say on a scale of 1-10 i would give it a 6

huntr467

12 pointer
Feb 2, 2004
Marion Ky. Crittenden county
I just moved here about 2 yrs ago. I have been hunting here for about 6 yrs now.
Like everyone has said there is not a lot to do without driving 30+minutes, everyone is extremely friendly, some great hunting and overall just a great goodlife community. The news paper is mostly filled with community topics and more good news than bad. It's a dry county, the closest beer or liquor store is about 40 minutes away. The job market is very weak.
If you like the outdoors and small town living I would rate it a 10 out of 10.
If your need big city perks such as fine dining, nightly entertainment etc. your headed to the wrong place.

I was born and raised in Crittenden County and went to school there. The schools are alright lots of good teachers there. The job market is pretty much non-existent in marion. A couple of small manufacturing plants. The hunting is great, but if you want to fish you have to drive a bit. Marion does have a decent city park with baseball fields and soccer fields, basketball courts,skate park and a great walking trail.
Lots of small towns with pops of less than 100 ppl in the county and there is always the amish community for homemade stuff. I would say on a scale of 1-10 i would give it a 6
if you want to fish from mt zion its really close to the ohio river an dam 50 which has lots of good fishing an then there is the trade water that is small but good fishing to from what ive herd

Latest posts