Mandatory testing at UK now for the unvaccinated

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by Fur Feather, Aug 26, 2021.

1. Brown Dogs Matter

Brown Dogs Matter 12 pointer

Jun 7, 2004
    Louisville, KY.
    Do we know that really happened? I also saw the video and know that the group who released it had an agenda to make the Communist Chinese Party look bad. Based on the decided lack of bodies stacking up around the U.S., I have my doubts about the legitimacy of that video.

Use some critical thinking skills. My example is always the homeless population. They are grouped in close quarters, don't wear masks for the most part - and their habits take away any benefit a mask would have, and are in relative poor health compared to the general population. Lots of substance abuse issues, diabetes, cardiovascular disease, etc. I know this firsthand, as I dealt with the homeless population for two decades.

So, if COVID-19 were as bad as all that, then it would stand to reason homeless people would make up a large percentage of the mortality rate. Yet, we aren't seeing that. Quite the opposite, as a matter of fact. Louisville is actually helping to build a tent city on public ground they acquired. I suppose that's to help get the turds off the sidewalk on E. Jefferson, just behind Wayside, and out of the public eye...but I digress. These folks just aren't dying in huge numbers due to COVID-19, yet you would expect the opposite. Since the majority of homeless people are immunocompromised in some fashion and have a higher number of comorbidities than the average person...yet they aren't dying in large numbers...what reasonable conclusions can be drawn?

Another good example, although anecdotal, can be found in my area. I have the pleasure of dealing with a kidney stone at the moment. When it first hit, nearly two weeks ago, I went to the local Fast Pace clinic. It was packed full, presumably of folks with flu and cold symptoms, as the 'rona is on the increase around here. So, we went to the ER in Paris. They were empty when I got there. The nurse did say they'd been busy as of late, dealing with COVID-19 patients, but made no mention of any serious incidents. Given that the Ear was filling up when I left, but no ambulances coming in code, I can only presume that most COVID-19 patients are ambulatory and not in need of serious emergency treatment. Truth be told, the vast majority are likely more scared of being sick than anything, due to media hype.

So, what I can infer from the local situation is that there is definitely an increase of COVID-19 in the region, but mortality events are not occurring. If they were, the local governments would be closing down schools and businesses again, along with mask mandates. Henry County and Paris mayors were among the last to ease those restrictions last time around and yet now, everything is open and running normal. No screaming from the news media about deaths, no daily death counter like last time, etc.

Draw your own conclusions. Mine are that the disease is real, that some people die from it but not a lot, and that the severity of the symptoms is highly variable among patients. Some don't know they even have the disease until being tested and others feel like a train hit them. Almost like another virus that hangs around during the winter...

2. 120+

120+ 12 pointer

Falling apart? Not sure what you're watching. Check to see if its the twilight zone.

EdLongshanks likes this.
  3. KY_Fried

KY_Fried 12 pointer

Nov 13, 2003
    Foster, KY, USA.
    It's coming everywhere, mark my words. I'm the only one in my family who hasn't been vaxed, but I think I'm going to cave soon. The only reason is work. If I come down with it and spread it to anyone else, being that I'm unvaxed, it'll cause a $hitstorm of drama that I'm not willing to deal with.

4. carnivore

carnivore 12 pointer

Nov 17, 2007
    Ky
    When you cant sue after you’ve been wronged people will get thier own brand of justice.

5. 120+

120+ 12 pointer

And I have already told you, I don't give a rat's ass if you get vaccinated. I'm saying the arguments are weak and border paranoia.

6. HuntressOfLight

HuntressOfLight 12 pointer

Nov 23, 2019
    Guarding my lovely bluebirds
    Save face via ceasing to debate the man. I know absolutely nothing about him, but it is painfully obvious you lack the skill to debate him.

7. aaronc

aaronc 12 pointer

Jul 21, 2009
    Leitchfield

Your homeless argument really holds no merit,..their labs indicate nothing of them being immunocompromised anymore than anyone else. Covid patients don't arrive at the ER like heart attacks coding,...they arrive as resp failure or shortness of breath etc,..some are ambulatory,..some are not. Then they will linger for weeks/a month more than likely and get over it or die with someone beating on their chest. Our critical care is now overflowed into other units. You are however correct about the variability in symptoms among patients.

barney likes this.
  8. 120+

120+ 12 pointer

National guard has been called in for help at many local hospitals here. Just not enough workers/beds.

9. aaronc

aaronc 12 pointer

Jul 21, 2009
    Leitchfield

Yes I use to work in BG and know many in that hospital...Gaurd was called in few days ago.

10. HuntressOfLight

HuntressOfLight 12 pointer

Nov 23, 2019
    Guarding my lovely bluebirds

Oh for Pete's sake, give it up; common logic should dictate that the man is correct, but here:

"...Homeless people often have many complex health issues, including tri-morbidity (the co-existence of physical and mental health and addiction problems). Homeless people also face a number of barriers accessing health care as well as public health information. Due to their compromised immune systems, poor nutrition and hygiene..."

https://epha.org/the-impact-of-the-covid-19-crisis-on-homelessness/

Last edited: Aug 29, 2021