Mandatory testing at UK now for the unvaccinated

EdLongshanks

12 pointer
Nov 16, 2013
Northern Kentucky
No I think the smart presidents/CEOs are just continuing smart business. If you are a smoker then you pay higher insurance. If the statistics say you are a higher risk for COVID and medical bills then you will pay more or the company will ask you to vaccinate.
Insurance companies are covering the full cost of covid care? This has nothing to do with business or the bottom line. Cmon now.

Brown Dogs Matter

12 pointer
Jun 7, 2004
Louisville, KY.
I guess you've never tried to get life insurance. You will pay according to your MANDATORY physical exam, age, tobacco usage, and blood work. It ABSOLUTELY depends on your health care choices.
You're equating the purchase of a product that is directly tied to your health with an employee of a business. That isn't remotely similar. At all.

Business relationships begin and end with the employee's ability to do the job desired of them by the employer. Private medical decisions are not within the purview of the employer. At all.

My decision to be vaccinated for any disease is not the business of my boss. My consumption of red meat is not the business of my boss. Unless done at work, my consumption of tobacco and alcohol is not the business of my boss, although I'm aware of some court decisions that say otherwise. My retort to that is Dred Scot, as in courts don't always get it right.

Personal liberty is the basis of our country and our Constitution. While corporations are not the government, the situation in our country is devolving to the point that businesses are returning to having a hold on private citizenry not seen since the days of being paid in company scrip that was only able to be used at the company store.

From being fired due to speaking one's mind in public to being forced to inject medication to obtain or keep employment, business is becoming a de facto government with the power they hold over our lives and that power doesn't jive with our nation's history of liberty and freedom from oppression.

Brown Dogs Matter

12 pointer
Jun 7, 2004
Louisville, KY.
Since stats show that the unvaccinated are 90+% of new cases.
Some questions:
1 - What "stats"? Citations are always handy.

2 - I was under the impression that testing generally used at local hospitals and clinics didn't differentiate between variants. Do you have cites that this is not the case and that current lab testing can and does discriminate between last year's virus and this year's "variant"?

3 - What's the mortality rate for the "new variant"? Can't be terribly high, since news media aren't constantly crowing about each new death, the way they did last year.

4 - Your mask and your vaccination will protect you. Let me do me, mmkay?

120+

12 pointer
Aug 22, 2006
You can't get there from here.
Some questions:
Every single study done. You can't find a legit stat that doesn't support that.

2 - I was under the impression that testing generally used at local hospitals and clinics didn't differentiate between variants. Do you have cites that this is not the case and that current lab testing can and does discriminate between last year's virus and this year's "variant"?
Did I mention variant? I'm just talking cases in general.

3 - What's the mortality rate for the "new variant"? Can't be terribly high, since news media aren't constantly crowing about each new death, the way they did last year.
So are you saying there's an "Acceptable mortality rate"?
4 - Your mask and your vaccination will protect you. Let me do me, mmkay?
I couldn't give two shits if you get the vax. But the argument is weak and ignorant.

Ataulbe1

12 pointer
Oct 27, 2017
Estill County
Since stats show that the unvaccinated are 90+% of new cases.
Some questions:
He's right about #1

Screenshot_20210828-170932_Outlook.jpg

Feedman

Cyber-Hunter
May 28, 2003
In the basement
With the way it has flared back up and lots of new cases, I haven't heard anyone say anything about "Herd Immunity". I saw several people including Fauci say that once we got herd immunity, the virus would slow down. It hasn't happened so far.

Latest posts