Mandates

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Brit's and Birds, Nov 18, 2020.

1. riverboss

riverboss 12 pointer

Jan 26, 2009
    northern ky
    You will be ok! No chance you will die from it, it only kills people you sheep are safe!

2. chadwimc

chadwimc 12 pointer

Oct 29, 2004
    Graft? Kickbacks? Extortion? Dare I say "bribes"?

3. Who knows, I don’t have a lot of faith in leaders doing the right thing so maybe you’re right.

4. chadwimc

chadwimc 12 pointer

Oct 29, 2004
    Californians(of all places) just gave a big middle finger to their governor when he issued a 10:00pm curfew. They showed up at Huntington Beach by the thousands. Some estimates put the crowd at 10,000 +. All coordinated to arrive at 10:01pm. The cops couldn't do diddly squat...

5. HuntressOfLight

HuntressOfLight 12 pointer

Nov 23, 2019
    Kentucky
    Good to know. Mr. Friel is also popcorn worthy "in your face"...

6. 00noturkey

00noturkey 12 pointer

Oct 31, 2011
    High Grove
    i listened to a bit of this, not the rest. i dont believe God would give any authority to any government.
    i wont preach a sermon. how could i. i dont know. this i remember most. ya cant enter the kingdom of God, unless ya become like little children. What do children have?, Faith, and not knowing.
    as far as the STATE police in ky, are they forcing the left view?

Last edited: Nov 27, 2020 at 5:46 AM
  7. carnivore

carnivore 12 pointer

Nov 17, 2007
    Ky
    Barney, teachers aggressively lobbied mothers of students. They got to my wife. She didnt vote for Andy but she didnt vote for Bevin either. We had a drawn out discussion over it and of course now she regrets it. She thought Bevin was a POS and im not sure i can look her in the eye and say she was wrong about that. We need a republican man of character with balls to run for governor.

8. barney

barney 12 pointer

Oct 11, 2005
    I remember the thread here discussing the outcome of the election. I've also had several conversations with local people about it, all of those having teachers in their families and I still don't think the teachers elected Lil Andy.

I will also say, most voters just tolerated Bevin, some absolutely loathed him.

KY Swamp Beagler and Dark Cloud like this.
  9. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012

I said this many times Barney and not just because I’m in the education field. Teachers IMPACTED but did not ELECT Andy. Heck I work in Frankfort and live in Lexington and when I talked to teachers after the election it was maybe 50/50 who voted for Andy. Sadly, a lot of people were torn and never went to polls at all, not liking either candidate, which was also evident as a third party got 28000 votes. I also believe in rural areas a lot of people just thought Bevin would win and the voter turnout was low. “No way can another Beshear win office.” Heard many say it. Most people I know around CKy and in rural areas say the polls were dead for the governors race. I live in one of the most populated neighborhoods in the entire state and walked in and straight to the check in table, not a sole in line. Had people in other areas telling me the same. My fear at the national level is the same, I fear people are gonna quit going to the polls altogether.

barney likes this.
  10. Why was he a “POS”? ‘Cause he spoke the truth bluntly? Trying to figure out why he’s a “POS”. If somebody says he was a jerk sometimes and kinda blunt in his assessments, even a dick, I’d agree but a “POS” the man was not. Now Andy, classic pile of shit. Just my two cents.

11. barney

barney 12 pointer

Oct 11, 2005
    I agree fully.

12. And that is 50% too many morons who are tasked with educating our kids.

HuntressOfLight likes this.
  13. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    Well, we both know how it works, regardless of what we think, if it hadn’t of been Andy, they would have just voted for whatever other D candidate was available. Now I will say this, when Bevin was elected, I knew several educators that voted for him that are usually D all the way. Anyway,I’m way more shocked about our election on the national level. Maybe there was some fraud, but even without it, hard to believe that many people would vote for Biden/Harris. I would have thought Hillary (spit) would have had a better chance than the Joe/Kamala ticket. I can’t lie, I thought Hillary/Trump would be close but I honestly thought Trump would roll this round.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2020 at 12:06 PM
    barney, carnivore and drakeshooter like this.
  14. Maybe he did “roll this round” for all we know. Something sure stinks.

barney, kyhunter99 and xbokilla like this.
  15. HuntressOfLight

HuntressOfLight 12 pointer

Nov 23, 2019
    Kentucky
    ^...the irony...