Maine hunter shoots woman on her property

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by forager, Nov 9, 2017.

1. forager

forager 8 pointer

Mar 5, 2017
    planet earth
    Folks, let's all be safe out there. Just because we follow the rules and make good decisions doesn't mean that everyone else will.

I am posting several articles about this incident because the information is emerging and at this time can't be found in one article.

The victim was on her property, was not wearing hunter orange, and the property boundaries were not marked with any signs.

The hunter did not know exactly what he shot at. When the victim screamed, the hunter failed to render aid. After the hunter's father arrived to investigate the situation, the woman was dead.

No one wins here. A person is dead, her family and friends lost a loved one, and the hunter now faces legal fees and possible jail time if he is convicted, as well as a possible civil suit.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-st...d-with-manslaughter-appears-in-court-in-maine

http://wgme.com/news/local/court-papers-hunter-did-not-aid-woman-he-shot

Junglekat likes this.
  2. supergoat80

supergoat80 10 pointer

Aug 31, 2012
  3. RLWEBB

RLWEBB 12 pointer

Nov 30, 2005
    Staffordsville, KY
    Sadly, things like this seem to happen every year. No doubt we will here more terrible stories similar to this in the next couple of weeks.

4. Swampy207

Swampy207 6 pointer

Sep 30, 2014
  5. Smokin9mm

Smokin9mm 6 pointer

Dec 3, 2014
    Lexington
    Uh yeah something smells fishy here and it aint Hillarys day old Depends..

Feedman and cedar ridge like this.
  6. 120+

120+ 12 pointer

Eewww. I can't unread that.

7. forager

forager 8 pointer

Mar 5, 2017
    planet earth
    I wouldn't get close enough to her to find out, and feel for you if you had to cross paths with that deplorable Democrat.

Why do you question what happened as being strange?

****** Edited to say that accidents do happen, but not rendering aid is despicable. The hunter is 38 years old, not some youth on his or her first hunt. Heck, I know a number of kids who have more composure, compassion and courage than this guy.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2017
  8. What a tragedy.A dam 38 year old idiot.Fundamentals,know what you are shooting,and where your bullet is going

forager likes this.
  9. littletom

littletom 8 pointer

Feb 24, 2008
    Knob Lick, Ky
    Some folks really are born stupid

10. carnivore

carnivore 12 pointer

Nov 17, 2007
    Ky
    And a coward to boot.

Natureboy21 and Brsutton86 like this.
  11. DePre

DePre 6 pointer

Sep 8, 2016
    What a shame. Prayers to her family. Dopes like this give hunters a bad name. Hell, they give every human being bad name.

Natureboy21 likes this.
  12. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    Dude should go to jail. Period.

Edit to add: I'm skeptical that this was an "accident"

Natureboy21 likes this.
  13. itstherush

itstherush 6 pointer

Sep 19, 2010
    Grayson co
    truly a shame. What are you expecting if you are shooting at a "sound" or odd movement? Id spend 3 boxes of shells blasting at every acorn and squirrel bounce each sit. Im not sure what outcome you would expect? idiot.

Natureboy21 likes this.
  14. Buford

Buford 12 pointer

Mar 15, 2006
    Zone 1 bachelor heaven
    I think they call that dysgenics...

Natureboy21 likes this.
  15. forager

forager 8 pointer

Mar 5, 2017
    planet earth
    It looks like Robert Trundy is out on bail, and will appear in court again in December.

"The attorney described Trundy as “upset and grieving” for the Wrentzel family as well as worried about his own wife and son."

Where was the remorse when he shot a woman on her own land and failed to render aid? Now his family has to deal with his actions.

https://bangordailynews.com/2017/11...death-of-hebron-woman-free-on-2500-cash-bail/

Natureboy21 likes this.