Mad wife

Discussion in 'Varmint Hunting' started by buck shot, Oct 1, 2011.

1. Jeepin

Jeepin 8 pointer

Aug 14, 2011
    Spencer
    try and take away something she enjoys doing or likes to do. might not be the best advice, ha in fact might be diggin ya a deeper hole :p
    If she starts running her mouth i usually tell her i'm helping the animals by doing a service, (she doesn't know much about hunting) so its pretty hard to argue against what i'm saying. For example, if i'm deer hunting i'll say there is a surplus in the deer in area and to help the animals I need to do my part in harvesting the animal to help the herd and not to mention the meat you gain from the harvest is not only delicious but its good for you as well. It's a win win situation. (it sure does help when she likes eating the meat)

2. buck shot

buck shot 6 pointer

Nov 17, 2008
    letcher co KY
    Maybe I need to hunt deer again insted of coyotes all the time she does like to eat the backstraps on the grill .

3. weedwalker

weedwalker 10 pointer

Nov 27, 2006
    London,Ky
    You can still cook up some backstraps for her buck shot. Just don't tell her it's coyote.:)

4. buck shot

buck shot 6 pointer

Nov 17, 2008
    letcher co KY
    Yeah maybe you can come up from london and eat too. probley have lots left over.

5. Sousa17

Sousa17 Spike

Dec 15, 2007
    Kenton County
    My uncle does this and I've picked it up.

Place this rule in effect... Tell your wife she has till Wednesday to plan any weekend stuff and tell you about it. If by Wednesday she has not come to you or told you about any plans for the weekend, its fair game to hunt.

It works for me and my uncle. Might work for you.

6. buck shot

buck shot 6 pointer

Nov 17, 2008
    letcher co KY
    Yeah she would love that. she would be making stuff up so i wouldent make plans . maybe i do hunt to much

7. High Rack

High Rack 12 pointer

Dec 21, 2009
    in the hills
    I think the bar route is the better option...........tell her on Friday that you are not hunting Sunday cuz you and your friends are going to start going out Sat night, and it would be unwise to try and use a gun while still intoxicated.

8. Oak grove

Oak grove 6 pointer

Dec 20, 2010
    Washington Co.
    This is the reason why I wont get married. I've seen guys coward down once they get home. I don't feel sorry for them! I've got a girlfriend of 6 yrs. She knows that hunting has been around longer than she has. She knows better than to give me a choice. And if I'm couped up for a few days do to weather (like jd miller) I turn into a bear. She knows it keeps my sanity. And through good ol buddies telling stories she knows the bar scene is not an option. ( been known to bring one home when there was one already there) I wish at times she would give me the silent treatment. But all in all we get along pretty good now. Btw she likes to deer/turkey hunt. Not as hard core as I am! Thank god!

9. rcurry

rcurry 6 pointer

Mar 29, 2006
    Adair county, ky
    I suggest you switch things up a bit. Things can get a little boring and predictable after a while. Go hunting on Saturday morning and get your yote fix in. Then Sunday morning…go to Church with the wife or whatever it is that you are dodging each week that she wants you to participate in. It could be something as simple as she wants your company and attention. She may just want you to go to the (ugh:() mall and shop. Compromise is a necessary part of adult life …so I have been told.

10. DUCKY41051

DUCKY41051 6 pointer

Jul 22, 2008
    Just show her the door and go huntin everyday, i aint gettin married again cause of this kind of crap, i left the ist ol lady cause she said i couldnt go tree rat huntin, i told her i was goin, she said if you do dont come back= so i said by!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. buck shot

buck shot 6 pointer

Nov 17, 2008
    letcher co KY
    It sounds good but when you have two kid involved it makes it hard to just walk out the door for hunting .

12. kylex

kylex Fawn

Mar 16, 2010
    Golf or hunting my wife feels that way!

13. barney

barney 12 pointer

Oct 11, 2005
    Everytime I look at "whos online" there are people viewing this old thread. Must be several disgruntled wives this time of year.:)

14. HuntinPreacher

HuntinPreacher 6 pointer

Nov 20, 2006
    Try 24 years. If they don't get it by now they are never going to get it. I've tried to get my wife involved, but no doing! She'll watch me get my gear together, she'll watch me prepare for my hunt, she'll listen to me talk about it, dream about it and get giddy with excitement and then still ask "Are you going hunting instead of staying here with me?" Arrrggghhhh!

15. yoteman

yoteman Fawn

Nov 27, 2011
    welcome to the club