Mad wife

Discussion in 'Varmint Hunting' started by buck shot, Oct 1, 2011.

1. buck shot

buck shot 6 pointer

Nov 17, 2008
    letcher co KY
    Does your guys wife get mad because you hunt coyotes to much ? mine gets mad every friday because she knows what is coming on Sunday morning . If I do go she wont talk to me the rest of the day when i get home . I was just wondering how many more there were like mine. I still go coyote hunting on Sunday mornings and she still gets :mad: it is pretty peacful around here on Sunday afternoon :) .

2. philipfleek

philipfleek 12 pointer

Feb 24, 2008
    philville, KY
    Try going on Saturday and Sunday and see what happens then. she may shut up for good if you try that!
    may figure out hunting Sundays are ok.

3. charlette curtis

charlette curtis 6 pointer

Sep 7, 2011
    Hebron kentucky
    Poor thing!!!, see if you can get her involved somehow?

4. buck shot

buck shot 6 pointer

Nov 17, 2008
    letcher co KY
    She dont like anything to do with the outside . After 16 years looks like she would be usto it guess not.

5. 8&sand

8&sand 12 pointer

Tell her to go get her nails done & shut it! Doesn't really work but if she's going to be mad you might as well fuel the fire!

6. buck shot

buck shot 6 pointer

Nov 17, 2008
    letcher co KY
    I cant beleave your guys wifes dont give you a hard time about going .

7. BIGBADDAD

BIGBADDAD 10 pointer

I think mine likes me gone.....

8. riverboss

riverboss 12 pointer

Jan 26, 2009
    northern ky
    When the weather is good for it i hunt 3or4 times a week every sat and sun and my wife thinks its great that i am having fun weve been married 26 yrs last fri, she get excited when i bring one home for her to see.

9. JDMiller

JDMiller 12 pointer

Jun 12, 2005
    " Between the Rivers "
    LOL.... mine is the same way and will flat out tell you I'm easier to live with when I get to go to the woods on a regular basis.

She knew that when she married me...23 years ago. She knows it aint no use trying to change me now.

Guess ...make that I know.... I'm lucky. She was raised up in a hunting family and if I came home tomorrow and told her I booked a hunting trip to Africa, Alaska...wherever...she would be thrilled to death for me to go. She has always been that way.

So.....Buckshot...dont have no real advice for you.

10. barney

barney 12 pointer

Oct 11, 2005
    Years ago my wife used to gripe and complain about my huntin'. She would say things like, "normal men are home with their wives, not huntin'!" or "you love huntin' more than me" and the ole' "If you go huntin' I won't be here when you get home!"

That was along time ago, things have been great around here since Oct. 4, 91'! On that day, a Friday, I did not come home from work and take her out to dinner like I normaly would have. I met up with a good friend, and that night we hit the bars...HARD!

According to my wife, I came home at approximately 3:47 am (I don't remember the exact time, but I would say that's pretty darn close) I do remember the door being locked, and I could not find my key. (might have been because I only had underwear on) So, to the best of my recollection I just kicked the front door in, stumbled to the couch and went to sleep. I do remember waking to one of the finest breakfasts a man ever awoke to, and to this day-not one word from her lips when I tell her I think I'll go huntin', hun...

11. Semp

Semp 10 pointer

Feb 4, 2008
    Kaintukee
    Tell her she is lucky all you do is hunt. There are other male hobbies like chasing bar whores, drinking, and spending your money on 8 balls of dope. At least you bring home something to eat once in a while.

If she doesn't appreciate the logic in the above argument, get rid of her and find you a gal that owns a nice bass boat.

12. buck shot

buck shot 6 pointer

Nov 17, 2008
    letcher co KY
    I like Your Idea Semp . I dont do nothing but work hard all week and bring the payday home and lay it down on the table in front of her every friday . After a 50 to 70 hr week and all I ask is about a 4 hr hunt on Sunday morning . We have 2 kids and that makes it Hard to just throw down and look around for one with a bass boat . I cant say I havent been thinking about it. thanks for the Reply.

13. weedwalker

weedwalker 10 pointer

Nov 27, 2006
    London,Ky
    Mine dosen't care if I go huntin'. I hunt, She shops. If I buy me a new gun or some other kinda toy, that gives her the green light to buy something of equal or GREATER value. So if I buy something I gotta ask myself, can I afford 2 of these? LOL. But she does get excited when I come home and drop some coyotes or deer off in the front yard.

14. buck shot

buck shot 6 pointer

Nov 17, 2008
    letcher co KY
    Thanks weedwalker I think she may go for that . but she will not see this one on here long as i can help it .

15. BadDuck

BadDuck 12 pointer

Aug 13, 2007
    Bullitt County
    I keep telling my wife it the complaining about huntin & Fishin doesnt stop I am going to start hitting the bars and drinking again. It appears I am going to have to follow through with that threat.